For the Teabag in All of Us

Not that kind of teabag. Don't be gross.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

If I go about this properly, the blog will (eventually) explain enough about me, so let me just explain the blog, or at least the title of it, here:

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

By way of explanation...

Ok, so I am completely lost. I thought it would be a bright idea to get a blog, since I am forever commenting on Nat's blog with a non-bloggy username, and starting to feel like a right loser about it. So this makes sense.... BUT, with the exception of a few lame html tags that I know how to do... I am totally in-compu-tent. And yet...here I am. So here goes.

As for the title of my little bloggy space, well...actually I'm sorta lost on that one too. It all started with this great quote. I heard it some months ago and it really stuck with me. The quote is as follows:

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water."

Cute, eh? It was credited to Eleanor Roosevelt. Who I think I played in a 4th grade play or something so you know, me and Ellie...we're tight. But when I checked Bartleby... because Bartleby knows ALL... the quote was attributed to Nancy Reagan. Also, it was a teensy bit different. To wit:

"A woman is like a teabag -- only in hot water do you realise how strong she is."

Now, me and Nancy are tight, too... she wrote me a letter when I was in the 2d grade, about how she's so proud of me for helping to keep kids off drugs and such. But now...I just don't know. Do I give the credit for that empowering quote to Eleanor, or Nancy? I mean, according to Bartleby, Nancy was quoted in the Observer, London, March 29, 1981. Which is sorta compelling evidence that it was Nancy. But Eleanor was around waaayyy before Nancy, and she's credited with the same quote. Troubling!

Perhaps it just doesn't matter WHICH first lady it was... perhaps we should all just take note of the lesson in the quote (in either permutation), sit back, and enjoy a good strong cuppa.

Wow, I am soooo cliche.

5 Comments:

Blogger Natalia said...

Yaay...I am the first comment of the first post of your first blog. You are now officially blogariffic. This shit is BANANAS ... that's B-A-N-A-N-A-S :)

I can't believe you gave in to the blogging madness. We are now bloggy peeps :)

But I am still getting used to you having a blog...it's like... Ahhhh I'm in the wrong blog...*knees knocking*... how did I get here?

Woohoo Blog!!!

-N

12/20/2005 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Yay my first comment! I can't really believe I gave in to the blogging either. I think I was mainly tired of calling myself Butt... and having everyone else call me Butt.

12/20/2005 11:03:00 PM  
Blogger Natalia said...

A rose by any other name... would still be a butt. Nope...that's not how it goes. But you get the point. Now we gotta get you some traffic going and yaay you'll be queen butt of the blogosphere.

-N

12/21/2005 08:30:00 AM  
Blogger JMai said...

Precisely how do you get this blog traffic? Just keep writing nonsense and hope someone taps into and says, "heyyyy...she's got a point!" ...or what?

Huh.

Ok Christmas tree time. It's a holly jolly hell of a cramped time over here... will we make it to 2006? No one knows...

12/24/2005 04:56:00 PM  
Blogger Natalia said...

One of the good ways is to get listed on Technorati or other blog directories. Other than that, when you visit people's blogs and leave messages, they tend to come over to yours and check it out. And then that creates word of mouth, etc. I think. It all happened very fast for me lol

-N

12/27/2005 02:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!