For the Teabag in All of Us

Not that kind of teabag. Don't be gross.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

If I go about this properly, the blog will (eventually) explain enough about me, so let me just explain the blog, or at least the title of it, here:

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Must.Stop.Eating.TRUFFLES

Ugh.

My friend Tara (who I hate at this precise moment) gave me a box of truffles for Christmas. Not just any truffles, either... Godivas. Skinny bitch! So tonight I gave into the sweet tooth, cracked open the box, and I've just eaten two. Okay, these are not Hershey's kisses, people. These are fat little Godiva truffles that have about 963 calories and 44 fat grams apiece. Ok I made those numbers up, but the point is, I do NOT need to be sitting on my ass eating truffles. I really, really don't.

This chocofest is even more ridiculous considering that I just came from the Jenny Craig office, because -- although I refuse to make new year's resolutions -- I've decided that I HAVE to lose weight. NOW. Of course I didn't sign up tonight, because I'm still researching other avenues, and also considering whether I can commit to eating dried and/or frozen foods for like... ever. Which is nuts because I'm actually a great cook AND, having been overweight and on diets of one sort of another for the better part of my life, I'm also actually quite knowledgeable about cooking light (the subscription to the magazine of the same name doesn't hurt, either!). But I'm so damn BUSY, that a program like Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem or whatever seems like the logical choice since I don't have to set aside any time for cooking or prep -- just grab 'n go. I'm out of the house by 7 and don't set foot back in for a good 12 hours at least -- usually more like 14 -- and by the time I get home I am so wiped that I just want to chill for a bit before sleep. So I don't exactly have a lot of free time for chopping vegetables and marinating meats. My blender is a godsend when paired with some yogurt and frozen raspberries, and I'm pretty content with my new crockpot too, but sometimes I just don't even have the 3 minutes it takes to blend a proper smoothie.

Also, do you know how costly it is to lose weight these days? Oi. The Jenny program is over $300 and that's not including the $100 or so per week for the ready-made (read: most likely really nasty) food. So I'm waffling. And eating truffles. Probably because I figure, once I make a decision, these lovely little morsels will have to go into the trash (although I'll probably just put them in the bottom drawer of the fridge -- you know, the one that sticks so badly it's a nuisance to use so I won't be tempted to cheat except when absolutely necessary... like during a premenstual moment). In any event, I guess I need to make a choice soon. I'm gymming it pretty regularly these days, but if you're not eating right, it's almost like... what's the point? So if anyone has any tips, ideas, support ... bring em on. I could use all the help I can get.

Maybe I'll pull an Anna Nicole and get all hopped up on Trimspa and vodka. She's got the IQ of a paper clip, but she looks damn good these days...

20 Comments:

Blogger Natalia said...

First of all... You WILL NOT, I repeat WILL NOT pull an Anna Nicole. I forbid it. Putting that shit in your body is worse than being overweight. I did the Phen Fen (or whatever it was called) and it was a mistake.

Secondly... I didn't know you had been to JC. I did JC in 1995 or something and actually lost a good amount on it. The food is not bad but it is nowhere near the things you can cook. And also, I don't see the point of diets that require you to buy all the food from them. But I will support whatever decision you make.

Thirdly...have we not said before that if you are going to fucking eat something anyway there is no point in knowing the bloody caloric content and such other information?

Fourthly...Godiva truffles are yummy. This is no help...but it had to be said.

Fifthly...the fact that you are gymming it is great. I have yet to get on the treadmill and it's in my sodding bedroom.

Which brings me to the sixth point... I am not making any decisions about my diet and exercise until the doctor tells me if there is anything wrong with me...which is tomorrow. Then, we shall see.

-N

1/04/2006 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

All of that made me giggle.

I will not pull an Anna Nicole... but it is tempting. I had plenty of time to think on my drive home Monday morning, what with the wind rippling through the garbage bags (although I did have tape in my car so I did a quickiefix -- don't ask me why I have tape in my car). And I thought about weight loss options and JC was one of them since we'd seen those new Kirstie Alley commercials and she does really look good.

Now that I've thought it over some more though, I'm leaning away from the JC plan. It'd be nice to have all the guesswork taken out for me, but we all know how bored I get and I'm concerned that I won't stick with it.

Good luck at the MD today, and then tell me what the plan is.

1/05/2006 08:51:00 AM  
Blogger Hubris said...

I'm with Natalia. Life is too beautiful to fuck yourself up with movie star drugs.

Congrats on your fledgling blog! Blogs! They're the new television.

BTW A bicycle builds stellar endurance for cheaper than JC. If that's your thing, great! But I could never de-pound myself with discipline or programs. Also, it really helped when I replaced meat with TVP. Its cheaper too. Sacrificing the best foods was always my easiest way to relapse. But I do try to keep my caloric intake between 1400 & 1800 calories a day.
Not soap boxing, just telling you what worked for me.

Good luck and kill your TV.

1/05/2006 01:27:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

i just found out godive is owned by CAMPBELL'S!!!!

remember that the better shape you get in the more in tune with what your body wants to eat you'll get.

small steps babe.

hubris doesn't mention the three times a week climbing addiction he picked up (though the bike did a lot for him too :)

please note your newly hacked blog, would you like me to tell you how i did it?

1/05/2006 03:55:00 PM  
Blogger Natalia said...

See, Hubris and Sass agree :)

No TRIMSPA for you!

And the doc said everything is OK. I don't have to be on the meds. My triglyceri-whatevers are good, glucose is good, cholesterol is good... now I need to lose weight.

But as stressed out as I am with the condo thing. I can't even fathom worrying about what I eat.

Isn't that soooo bad?

-N

1/05/2006 04:14:00 PM  
Blogger Hubris said...

Sass: Yeah, I cop to the climbing addiction but that did way more for muscle tone than anything else.

How was the advice otherwise?

1/05/2006 04:15:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

yeah climbing rips you up...

but chucking meat for veggies, chucking cheese as much as possible and definetely TRYING to chuck the fries and the fried is pretty much it.

chocolate is okay... the darker the better :)

1/05/2006 05:45:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Lol, so I just got home from the gym to find people having a conversation on my blog. HOW COOL!

Sass -- yes I would LOVE to know how you hacked me. And you know what else I want to know? How do people name their comments? Like instead of the link saying "0 comments" Elle's says something about asshats or fucktards or something. I want mine to say "7 teabags dunking" or something like that! I'm so gay.

Nat -- Yay good doctor visit! Don't stress about the condo, it'll be easypeasylemonsqueezy. You'll get the loan and you'll move in and we'll decorate with BAO and it'll be fantastic!

Hubris (I find this name so funny because I actually know another online person that goes by hubris) -- thanks for the advice and the support! What's TVP? I think I need to eat more protein, if anything... but I can do without red meat for the most part.

Now, getting rid of cheese? You must be mad.

1/05/2006 08:57:00 PM  
Blogger Hubris said...

TVP is textured vegetable protein & there are some decent products on the market. Some still suck so shop around & definitely try more than one way of cooking it before chucking a particular brand.

1/06/2006 01:16:00 PM  
Blogger Hubris said...

she is mad. Sass wouldn't give up cheese to save her life.

1/06/2006 07:27:00 PM  
Blogger Natalia said...

NO ONE SHOULD GIVE UP CHEESE!

1/06/2006 07:57:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

And never, ever give up the cheese pad!!!

1/06/2006 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger Natalia said...

Well der...:)

-N

1/06/2006 11:47:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

1. i will NOT give up the cheese pad
2. i almost never eat cheese anymore as my guts don't like it (parmesan, for the purpose of this discussion, is not cheese)

1/07/2006 01:51:00 AM  
Blogger Natalia said...

Sass-

Blasphemy!!! Heresy!!! Or whichever one goes...Parmesan not a cheese? *runs to the dictionary*

ROTFL :)

-N

1/07/2006 11:10:00 AM  
Blogger sassinak said...

i'm not sure which it is, let me know what your dictionary has to say about it :)

it's just i REFUSE to stop eating parmesan even though my guts turn out to not like cheese. but it's hard and you only use a little when you eat pasta or whatever so it doesn't bug me. but like pizza with extra cheese? KILLS my tummy.

1/07/2006 02:49:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Pizza without extra cheese is blasphemy.

Parm cheese not being a cheese is heresy.

Does that clear it up? -s-

1/07/2006 03:28:00 PM  
Blogger Natalia said...

Jmai-

I am satisfied with that answer. :)

Sass-

Awww...if my tummy didn't like cheese my tummy would have to cesede (I am sure that is spelt wrong but I cannot be arsed to look it up)...cause I love me some cheese.

-N

1/07/2006 03:51:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

hee yes nat that clears it up.

but for the purposes of my ongoing tummy argument i'll just keep calling parmesan a garnish rather than a cheese *grin*

if you served me a four cheese pizza i wouldn't be able to eat it. how much does THAT suck?

nat i think it's secede but i am willing to be wrong :)

1/07/2006 04:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

3/05/2007 05:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!