For the Teabag in All of Us

Not that kind of teabag. Don't be gross.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

If I go about this properly, the blog will (eventually) explain enough about me, so let me just explain the blog, or at least the title of it, here:

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

little bits

It's been a while since my last update and frankly, even I am tired of looking at my dad's crazyeyes, so even though I don't have anything scintillating to discuss, I figured I'd post a couple of little updates (and one big one).

~ This past weekend was Meet the Parents Part Deux. Also, it was meet the older sister, the younger sister, the nephew, the nieces, the great nephew (?I think!), the younger brother, his wife, the Professor and MaryAnn. Luckily I'd already memorised all of their names so I was okay. Also, I officially love his mother, because after I left she asked Chulo how old I was ...she thought I was 25. So I love her for 2 reasons: 1. She thinks I look 25, and 2. She thinks her son is a dirty old man. Ha!

~ I finally bought the new (old) Jack Johnson CD and I have to admit that it was soooo worth the wait. Sitting, Waiting, Wishing is the reason I fell in love with him in the first place (I'd never heard of him before), but Better Together and Banana Pancakes? Lovelovelove.

~ I also bought Panic! at the Disco which isn't like me because I usually wait a bit before buying new band CDs (are they a new band? I dunno but they're new to me! so) but I love the one song they've released so much that I did a little impulse buy... it just makes me want to get up and dance around; it's so fun and free and catchy. Luckily, this album is also so very worth it. Now I don't know what to listen to on the way to work.

~ My sister wants me to carry stargazer lilies at her wedding. I find stargazer lilies quite putrid actually, and I really do not want to carry them. What is it with people and these flowers? It seems like they're an integral part of every generic bouquet. And the worst is when the florist doesn't remove the little pollenated bits which fall off and stain everything.

~ When is the price of gas going to come down? I mean even just a little bit?? I can barely afford to drive to work anymore.

~ Work is absolutely crap anyway so I don't even want to drive there. I alternate between wanting to quit and acknowledging that I chose to work there because it is a good company run by good people and I am getting valuable experience. I just wish they would let you know, even once in a while, that they think you're doing a good job. Or? Tell me that I'm doing a bad job. Whatever! Either way, it will let me know that you're paying attention and it'll get me motivated to either keep doing well or try harder. Is this not common sense???

~ I hate feeling insecure about work. It's not a feeling I'm used to.

~ I'm not working out and I'm feeling extremely lazy and lethargic. I need a normal schedule in my life, or at least some vague semblance of a normal schedule. I have too many things going on.

~ I hope desperately that Chulo doesn't read that last one and think that I'm blaming my hectic life on him. Because I'm not. AT ALL. He is such a ray of warm lovely sunshine and I'm so glad he found me (I say he found me because I never would have found him). And we both owe Nat a beer (ick) for telling me to sign up on the site where we met. Yay Nat!

~ I have a secret that I'm not telling you guys yet.

~ My sister is on the phone so I better publish this quickly and then start paying attention to her ranting!

14 Comments:

Blogger sassinak said...

no fair i want to know the secret!!!

and i'm glad the parenting meeting went okay, that's never fun.

ohhhh better together is SO GOOD!

5/02/2006 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

no fair i want to know the secret!!!

and i'm glad the parenting meeting went okay, that's never fun.

ohhhh better together is SO GOOD!

5/02/2006 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

stoopid blogger

5/02/2006 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Natalia said...

Yaay me.

And yes dish on the secret already.

-N

5/03/2006 01:35:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Not telling the secret.

And I have another bit of randomness. My sister, who is getting married in precisely 33 days, decided TODAY to change her colours.

Also, am I supposed to give a speech? I just thought of that.

5/03/2006 09:10:00 PM  
Blogger terry said...

secret?? you can't taunt us with that and not tell. that's just not right.

and i gotta say, i LOVE stargazers... but i'd never carry 'em in a bouquet... for that staining reason you mentioned. bad choice.

come on... tell us the secret..

5/03/2006 09:22:00 PM  
Blogger Hubris said...

oh man- the flowers? Love your sister. If you're aren't allergic, carry them and just smudge a dab of fragerance under your nose.

yeah & gas? fossil fuel. Finite. Dinosaurs can't make anymore. And rare things on this planet, which gas is quickly becoming a rarity, become exponentially expensive until they're gone. If gas gets cheaper from here it will be because conquest of a country was successful. If not, expect at least 10-15 dollars per gallon before its all said & done.

I don't intend to be a butt about this but I can't hold my tounge.

peace

5/03/2006 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger Natalia said...

Well that whole I have a secret but I am not telling is just not ok. I think there is a law against it. If there isn't there should be. You either tell or you don't even say you have a secret. Derrr.

-N

5/03/2006 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Terry -- I will eventually tell the secret but for now I like holding onto it. The stains from those stargazers are serious business! Most good florists snip off the pollinated bits before delivery and I’m SURE you’d never find them in a bouquet of stargazers!

Hubris -- Oh you’re totally right. I would absolutely carry them if that’s what she wanted. But the lovely bit about blogging is that this is where I can say how putrid they are and she doesn’t read my blog so she doesn’t have to know! As for the fossil fuel making $10/gallon …I don’t doubt it. Unfortunately, though, I have to travel 30 miles to work and 30 miles home, and there is no consistent, reliable public transport in south Florida. So I’m stuck depending on the dinosaurs. Don’t think I wouldn’t TOTALLY telecommute in a second though! If only my boss would go for that… -sigh-

Nat -- Not telling! So nyeeeaahhhh. But I'll go back and edit the post if you want me to not tell anyone about the fact that I have one. That way I won’t be breaking any should-be laws.

5/04/2006 09:02:00 AM  
Blogger Natalia said...

ROTFL Ahhh too little too late...it's done. And you know I am not one to beg. So you shall speak when you are ready.

But obviously there is a reason you wanted people to know about you having a secret.

I recently had one...and kinda still do. But I wasn't gonna say I had a secret until I was ready to say it.

But now the cat's out of the bag for you...no use editing.

Hope it's a good secret. :)

-N

5/04/2006 09:38:00 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

sorry but yes, you do have to give a speech.

just don't reveal your secret in your speech.

;)

5/04/2006 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Hubris said...

as the fuels fizzle out, I hope we will see more & more working from home with regular tele-video communication. ANYthing non-physical can be done from ANYwhere if one has the right wireless/network setup.

I love the idea of leaving my kitchen in my pajamas to go to work 15 ft away in my living room... like you said... *sigh*

Oh well. For now, I really like getting to ride my bike to work everyday

5/04/2006 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

*grumpy about the non-revealed secret*

yah you may have to give a speech.. tho sometimes it's just the best man and father of the bride who do it. i'd have one ready just in case, definitely :-)

how is she changing the colors now? like of her bridesmaid dresses??

5/05/2006 01:54:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Nat -- There is no reason. It was a random stream of information...I thought of the secret, decided not to divulge, and was too lazy to go back and edit. It's not like I'm trying to tease people. It's just a thing that I know that I don't quite want to share with the world yet. But yes, it is good. At least for me. It will matter little to most others.

Dzer -- It's terrible that these things are just sort of occurring to me. I feel weird and guilty because I'm not close with my sister but she has so few friends that she's chosen me as her maid of honour, and I feel like I'm not meeting my duties but I'm torn because on the one hand I do not approve of her choice and on the other, I love her and want her to feel all the happinesses that a bride should. It would be so complicated to try to explain our relationship here. Not that you asked, I've just gone off on a tangent!

Hubris -- I would look pretty damn hot if I rode my bike to work every day. Unfortunately that's not an option for several reasons, not the least of which is because I would look a disgusting, sweaty mess after cycling 30 miles in the morning and I would hardly be presentable as the director of anything. Also unfortunate is the feeling I get that my boss does not appreciate the idea of telecommuting at all. I mentioned to him that if gas goes much higher I wanted to work from home one day a week as opposed to asking for a raise and he basically intimated that neither option was a go for me. See why I love work so?!

Alice -- The best man talks only slightly more than his brother (the groom) does... and I know that analogy means nothing to you but suffice it to say that in the 5 years that my sister has been dating this clown, I have probably heard him utter under a thousand words. Since there are probably a thousand words in this comment ... well, I guess that'll be one short speech. And I'd hate to see what my dad would stand up and say.

Ugh! Is it wrong that pretty much everyone is looking forward to this wedding mainly with feelings of dread?

And yes the dress colours but in her case it doesn't matter much since she only has one bridesmaid (me). She's decided on a black-and-white wedding and my dress/shoes are black so the only concern is the colour of my wrap and the accent colour in her bouquet. And the decorations on the favours, etc.

This comment is just so negative... I didn't mean for it to be and I don't feel it's very me-ish! But sometimes that's how it goes.

5/05/2006 06:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!