For the Teabag in All of Us

Not that kind of teabag. Don't be gross.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

If I go about this properly, the blog will (eventually) explain enough about me, so let me just explain the blog, or at least the title of it, here:

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Yay I'm Tan!

Well lookie look who's updating her blog. -coughcough-finally-cough-

I have been so lazy. At least I've managed to make a few meaningful comments here and there this week.

Also, thank you muchly SassySass! You fixeded my recent comments problem! I had set it to European date stamp... that's what messed it up. But it's all better now. I still want to name the comments something silly but I can't remember anymore what gayness I wanted to use so oh well.

Completely unrelated annoyance? Tonight on my way home from this really weird corporate function thingy, I stopped to get gas. I always go to the same gas station because it's on my way home from work, and it's always super crowded, because it is the cheapest gas around for miles (thanks Dubbya!). So tonight was no exception, I could barely wedge my car into the driveway thanks to this moron behind the wheel of a late 80s-model boat barely disguised as a car... there are 8 pumps and no one understands the concept of a LINE at this place. I finally managed to get to a pump and then this 9-foot tall guy with a doo rag started getting all belligerent with me because I didn't want to buy any of his bootleg movies. I have got to stop getting gas in the ghetto.

Right. So. Vacation. How weird. After ALL that drama, we wound up at the hotel where, joy of joys, they actually DID have a reservation for us... but can you imagine that it was NOT for all-inclusive? Thank goodness Sara had the foresight to bring her receipts which proved that we paid for the all-inclusive deal. Have I mentioned that I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER deal with these people EVER again? And just in case any bloggers out there ever get a hankering for a sunny beach vacation, may I suggest that you NEVER EVER EVER EVER deal with mxresorts.com or travelcomm.net either? Wow. They suck.

Honestly, when they "messed up" our reservation, the "manager" had the nerve to tell me that honestly, I was all wrong about the resort, how he had personally stayed there and actually it was very nice? Well whoopdeefuckingDOO you stayed there... you also work for this total scheister company, that doesn't say much for you now, does it? Also by the way... what you think is completely fucking irrelevant to me because THIS is what I requested and YOUR dumbass employee fucked it up. So shut up and fix my reservation.

Of course they never did fix it.

So we wound up at el cheapo Cancun hotel... but it wasn't THAT bad. If you're used to 5-star (or even 4-star) treatment, you will be miserable. But we tried to go into it with open minds because one way or the other, that was our holiday deal. It was clean(ish), the beach was nice, the staff was friendly and helpful (except the maid who decided that a few stray coins left on the nighttable were intended as a tip for her... is this really the protocol? So weird. But it was like the equivalent of $2 USD so who cares?), and the food was fresh and good (if boring, especially after a few days... I keep saying, we basically ate grouper and guacamole for a week).

Also, I bought a timeshare. Weird. I never thought I would fall for that crap but everyone I talk to agrees that I got their bare minimum, best possible deal.

But YAY I am so tan and lovely... and this is a weird thing about me, but I just feel more comfortable tan. I mean everyone likes having that tan glow but I mean I just look right. My dad is Egyptian so I have an olive-ish complexion which -not for nothing- doesn't look very nice when I'm pale. So I enjoy being tan because as I get older, I get paler and I don't like it.

And we went to visit ruins and snorkeled and swam and sat on the beach and joked around with all the Europeans on vacation there (most of whom were also in their hotel because SOMEbody fucked SOMEthing up). All in all it was a good time and we came back without killing each other which is always a plus when girls go on holiday together.

In other news, I miss my cat but I know she's got a better home with Diane and little Olivia so I'm not too-too torn up about it. Plus I can visit ... although it's kind of long for a short visit and if I spend a long visit I'm likely to have cat allergies. Maybe I'll stop up there on my way to Nat's this weekend.

So yeah that's my update. I also have online dating updates for y'all but my imaginary carpal tunnel is kicking in so I think I'll write about that later. Also I was going to post some pics of el Mejico lindo but I'm too lazy for all that jazz just now.

Yay I'm back! I missed blogging.

15 Comments:

Blogger sassinak said...

i'm like you, i look better tan as well. i'm off italian descent and with a tan i'm like a hundred times more right then without

and i'm getting paler too... i remember when i meant to be pale cause i thought it was cool...

glad you had a nice vacation girl, welcome home.

and you're welcome

3/07/2006 09:46:00 PM  
Blogger terry said...

not only do most of us look better tan... all those lovely rays are so good for the psyche.

damn that skin cancer...

sounds like a fab vacation, despite the hotel drama!

3/07/2006 11:11:00 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

I'm turning green...with envy. Glad to hear you had a good time...

3/08/2006 06:20:00 AM  
Blogger JMai said...

Sass -- Isn't it weird how we seem to get paler as we get older? Maybe it's just cumulatively less time outside in the sun? Dunno.

Terry -- It was a pretty good vacation, I must admit. And yes, sunlight is good vitamin D.

Cas -- Green wouldn't look too good on you. But thanks!

3/08/2006 09:27:00 PM  
Blogger Natalia said...

Well I am pale by choice. You can ask Jmai...I am not one to go under the sun without a fight. Mostly I am scared about all the crap the sun can do to your skin...although I have come to appreciate that a little sun does a body good :)

But when I feel up to it...when it's worth it...I might just go for the spray tan to see how it looks :)

-N

3/09/2006 08:38:00 AM  
Blogger JMai said...

I have news for you, Butt... you are going in the sun on Saturday. I've got a lovely tan that I don't intend on losing so suck it up! And find your bathing suit because we are breaking in your new pool this weekend. Maybe we'll find some cute, non-stupid boys.... ohhh who am I kidding??

3/09/2006 08:50:00 AM  
Blogger Hubris said...

Glad to see you've returned to the blogsphere!

I personally see no need to leave my country for a vacation. there are far too many places I haven't been. ever posh resorts n shit. But thats me.

Hope you at least had a good time.

:)

3/09/2006 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger JMai said...

Hubris -- glad you're feeling better! As for travelling in your own country (and when we say your country, do we mean US or Canadia?), I've barely been anywhere in the States. I prefer the historical and cultural experience of travel abroad. But I have been to Vegas! SO not cultural!

3/09/2006 09:08:00 PM  
Blogger Cressy said...

did you go to Mexico? where did you go!?! I want to go to Mexico!! I've never been!!! Ooo! I want to hear about the net dating too! :)

3/10/2006 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

hubris means canada :)

3/11/2006 11:36:00 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Sorry about your fiasco there regarding that resort. If I order a 5 star resort, I expect it. If not-------I'm outa' there...and I do bail out. I'm weird that way.

The tan? Isn't that incredible? I love being tan. Now here's my problem. I go tanning in those booths before vacation, and then I end up looking like a fricken carrot because I overdid it. I have pictures of my vacation---and my face looks like a big pumkin! Be careful with those tanning booths IF you went to one. The sun is the best way.

Funny post by the way...

3/13/2006 12:41:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Cress - We were in Cancun, which I love. I will eventually post a pic or two. And I DEFINITELY have to update on the net dating business. Except I'm so busy DOING it that I barely have time to blog about it. But I will! I promise!

Deb -- Well, we didn't quite order a 5-star. It was this weird program where they have a bunch of hotels (from 3-star to 5-star) and you choose the hotel you want to stay in. Unfortunately half of their hotels in Cancun are still closed due to hurricane damage and they neglected to mention that when we signed up!

But it was still Cancun so it was still good even if the beds were hard and the wood wasn't polished!

3/14/2006 09:28:00 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

welcome back! congrats on the tanning and feeling better.

and I hate shyster-like companies ... assbastards!

3/15/2006 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger The Guardian said...

Crappy hotel or not...it was still in Cancun, Baby!!

I love being tan...and on my fair Irish skin, it lasts about four days once I get home. bummer.

C.

And thanks for the bookish comment today...those are my favorite kind!
And please, feel free to steal...it's all good. LOL

3/15/2006 07:16:00 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

at least you still comment while lazy-blogging... i put myself into a weird self-imposed "lurk only" status while not blogging for reasons i cannot quite make sense of now. i blame the vicodin.

but anyway, i've got to agree... at least you were in cancun!! after 2 yrs with the airline, where flying was cheapo but so was the pay, i've stayed in MANY a craptastic caribbean/tropical hotel, and seriously... don't matter :-) as long as you've got sun, sand, and alcohol, all is right in the world ;-)

3/16/2006 09:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!