For the Teabag in All of Us

Not that kind of teabag. Don't be gross.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

If I go about this properly, the blog will (eventually) explain enough about me, so let me just explain the blog, or at least the title of it, here:

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, April 14, 2006

Ok FINE! No more sap!

For those of you who are tired of my yak-worthy postings of giddy new-relationship sappysmoochiness, a little bit of negativity. I said I was going to steal this from Dzer and now I have! (It's only fair, he stole it too)

Jmai's LEAST Favourites:

Colour: I have an artist's eye; I love all colours. But if I had to choose a least favourite... I think I'll go with puce. It just SOUNDS ick.

Time of Day: The time the alarm clock rings. For the first time and every subsequent "snooze" ring.

Day of Week: Tuesday. Too much week left ahead of it.

Month: I think August. It's seriously hot and sticky. The kids go back to school, so good-bye simple, non-school zone commuting! And it's smack in the middle of hurricane season (for which I am, once again, completely unprepared. Not a battery to be found in this house, let alone a store of bottled water or a portable radio)

Holiday: Columbus Day. The market doesn't close for it but those damn feds are off which just reminds me that I am NOT doing my dream job (staff attorney at the SEC, for those of you who didn't know), and it's in October, which is such a lovely month for taking time off.

Food: I've never eaten it, but I think steak and kidney pie is probably even grosser than sashimi. I could at least see trying some fresh tuna sashimi at some point down the line... but kidney pie? Eww.

Movie Genre: Westerns. Can't understand a single word they're saying, plus there's too much blood and the costumes are boring.

Actor: Russell Crowe. He's so annoying. What IS that bobo-faced stare he's always doing anyway??

Actress: Melanie Griffiths. Why anyone ever gave this woman a job doing ANYTHING besides cocktail waitressing is beyond me.

Film: I have a really bad memory for books and films, so it's hard for me to think of a least favourite film since, if I didn't like it, chances are I got up, walked off, and immediately forgot that the thing existed. But I guess in recent months I've tried watching Donnie Darko and Boys Don't Cry, and found myself completely unable to sit through either.

TV Program: News. I know it's ignorant of me, but I just don't like watching the news. Especially local news, what a waste.

Sport: I want to say cricket just to annoy Ian, but the truth is I think their little white outfits are so cute! Ummm... I'll go with baseball. It's just so damn boring, I don't have the patience for it.

Animal: Snakes, spiders, roaches, etc. All those of the icky ilk.

Character Trait: I'm so catty. I know it's a defense mechanism but man, sometimes I am just not a nice person.

Body Part: Underarms. What is the purpose??

Piece of Clothing: UGH those newish shrug things that tie just under the boobs. Who thought this was a good idea? WHO? It just looks sloppy.

Music: New Age. Makes me feel like I'm living in a sci-fi film.

Game: Any one I don't know how to play. But generally speaking, I love games.

State to Drive Through: Uhhhh, well Florida is a realllllly long state, so I don't do too much driving outside the state. But I guess there was that one time when we drove from NY down to Orlando, and when we stopped for the night in S. Carolina, I made my boyfriend at the time stay in the car so the night manager wouldn't see him (he was Puerto Rican), and park it sideways so the guy wouldn't see the NY license plate. Then I went in and faked a southern accent when I asked for a room for the night. I'm not sure if all that was necessary but just the idea that I felt it might be ... well, that's unfortunate.

Sound: Someone coughing up a loogie. (or however you spell that. ew.)

Now... I think I will tag some someones so that no one else has to steal... but I swear I won't be offended if you don't do it. So how about... Nat and Terry!

17 Comments:

Blogger sassinak said...

1 time of day? WORD!!!!! in fact? WORDY-MCWORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 day of week? word

3 news sucks ass and is depressing and people you trust will tell you what happened anyway

4 spiders eat bugs... i pick spiders over bugs

5 underarms are the intersection of something like 10 muscles... mine are ripped incidentally... anyway they're really neat if you get to know them. (gah i'm such a nerd)

6 you linked me! *snoopydance*

4/14/2006 11:49:00 AM  
Blogger terry said...

for the record, i have no problem with the sap. it's sweet.

and i'm SO with you (and sass) on tuesdays! that's too funny.

alrighty, my list will be coming one of these days soon...

4/14/2006 12:07:00 PM  
Blogger Natalia said...

Erm...yeah I just posted something new, so the tag shall be the next one :) Which is good cause I have not been particularly great at the posting in the last week or so...work is hectic.

And I think I mostly knew these things. But it's always good to get a refresher course :)

-N

4/14/2006 01:02:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Sass -- seriously? All those muscles?? Huh. You learn something new every day. Well I'm not too keen on mine; they're just a spot I have to shave.

I did link you! I wish I knew how to separate my blogroll and give it a title and fix the fonts... but you know... baby steps.

Terry -- Thank you! I rather enjoy the sap myself (mine or others') but sometimes I feel guilty for being so happy.

Tuesdays DO suck, don't they? The one good thing about Tuesdays used to be Frasier... but that was manymany moons ago.

Butt -- If anyone knows these things, it's you! But some of them I had to really think about. Least favourite holiday? Who dislikes holidays of any sort? I mean, other than the Jehovah's Witnesses... holidays (usually) = time off and time off is veryvery goodly!!

4/14/2006 04:00:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

jmai: but there's house and gilmore girls on tuesdays!

well let's see... your pecs, lats, serratus, bicep, tricep, uh... shit a couple of muscles that connect to the bottom of the shoulder blade... my anatomy book is next door but that's 7 off the top of my head...

4/15/2006 02:25:00 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

how can you NOT like Westerns? I mean, I know they are a very guy genre ... but ... c'mon here!!

Clint has been in great Westerns, from the spaghetti westerns in the early 70s on till now.

Silverado ... Open Range ... Unforgiven (Oscar-winner) ... The Magnificent Seven ... geez ... so many more great ones!

*sigh*

but, otherwise, good list!!

4/16/2006 05:27:00 AM  
Blogger JMai said...

Sass -- I've never watched House! And Gilmore Girls is good but I kinda stopped watching when Rory and Dean broke up. Not because of that, just because... I dunno, scheduling I guess! And it's not like my life has gotten any less hectic. As it is I can barely remember to watch my favourite weekly expo of teen angst ...One Tree Hill

-looks down at underarms- ... muscles? Hmmm!

Dzer -- I think the last "Western" (quotation use necessary, as you'll see in a moment) that I watched and enjoyed was City Slickers. It's just not my cup of tea. I'm a girlygirl.

4/16/2006 02:30:00 PM  
Blogger da buttah said...

i hate elbows.

there's just nothing attractive about them!

4/16/2006 08:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had to stop by because of the title. Great stuff, rock on girl!

4/16/2006 09:30:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Elle -- Ok, what I do not get about elbows is how they can suddenly become so rough. I mean, one day you forget to moisturise and BAM. Alligator elbows.

Wes -- Glad you enjoyed. The title is a bit questionable, eh? Thanks for stopping by, Cabana boy!

4/16/2006 09:41:00 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

soooo with you on "puce." i'm not even sure what color it is, but it sounds like a color i shouldn't like.

also, HELL EFFIN YEAH on the tuesday choice.

*ashamed... owns 2 shrugs that tie under the boobs*

4/17/2006 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger Natalia said...

Alice-

I think the shrugs can look good...but you have to have the body for it... some stuff just looks offensively ridiculous and bad on me but someone else can totally pull it off... such is life :)

-N

4/17/2006 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger sassinak said...

jmai: two words VCR *or* TIVO

also? what nat said about shrugs and all such things :)

4/17/2006 09:59:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Alice -- Puce is this brownish purpley colour... sort of like chocolate Peeps gone horribly wrong...

And Nat is right about the shrugs. Well, I still don't like them but I could agree that they look all right on some people.

No shame necessary, I'm just being judgmental as per my usual!

Sass -- I never did know how to program my VCR, but it's no longer hooked up anyhow. And I don't watch enough tv to justify the expense of Tivo. Plus where would I find the time to catch up on shows? I guess I could blog less...

But then I'd miss the bloggy peoples!

4/17/2006 10:16:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

at one point this year i was 12 weeks behind my shows. i caught up in an orgy of tv at christmas. it was wonderful.

i have like 6 i watch so i just change the tape every *insert time between 10pm friday and 8pm tuesday here*

:)

but NO QUITTING BLOGGING! *grumble*

4/17/2006 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Now where did my post go? I commented to answer people. Dammit!!

4/17/2006 10:31:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

but it's there above my last comment...

4/18/2006 12:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!