For the Teabag in All of Us

Not that kind of teabag. Don't be gross.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

If I go about this properly, the blog will (eventually) explain enough about me, so let me just explain the blog, or at least the title of it, here:

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, November 03, 2006

Tag by Trick

Before I head off for the weekend, a tag post borrowed/tricked into by Nat. Although she was tricked into it too, so I suppose I should just keep the chain going and trick whoever else into it, too. Don't worry, even with the trick, the tag is optional, so don't let the fear of tagging stop you from reading (ahem, Phil). It’s a good tag, though… a curious collection of questions, the correlation between which I cannot comprehend. But still fun... enjoy!

1. Explain what ended your last relationship? Fear of growing up

2. When was the last time you shaved? Ummm, Wednesday?

3. What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.? Cursing at the slow person in the left lane

4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago? Drafting a contract. It got too confusing so I decided to check blogs instead

5. Are you any good at math? Not so much

6. Your prom night? Junior – went with my ex-boyfriend’s brother (as friends only!), then went to the most boring “Students Against Drunk Driving” after-prom party. Senior – went stag with a bunch of friends who did the same, then went to a super-fun, drinking-in-the-woods-with-a-bonfire party and got dummydrunk off Kahlua mixers. Ouch.

7. Do you have any famous ancestors? My great-great-great-great-great grandfather sold NYC’s Herald Square for a piano. He should be famous for the stupidest DUH move of all time. Oh also, probably a pharaoh or two. Cleopatra. You know, like everyone else -s-

8. Have you had to take a loan out for school? Not for undergrad, but I lived off my loans in law school while I paid tuition with my scholarships. You can’t work during law school unless you’re a crazy! I will be paying that off forEVER

9. Do you know the words to the song on your myspace profile? What’s myspace?

10. Last thing received in the mail? Dunno – I never look at mail. It's a wonder my home hasn't been repossessed

11. How many different beverages have you had today? Water, Sprite Zero, and a pumpkin spice latte from Sbux. Mmmm.

12. Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machines? I’m not sure know anyone with a real answering machine anymore. Maybe my parents. And I do leave them messages from time to time, so yeah, I guess so

13. Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to? Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam, baby!

14. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach? No

15. What was the most painful dental procedure you have had? Wisdom teeth pulled, ouchies.

16. What is out your back door? My patio.

17. Any plans for Friday night? Yes, we’re driving to Orlando

18. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair? Not at all, it makes it sticky and stinky and I can’t wait to wash it

19. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns? At work, yes. Yummy cheese!

20. Have you ever been to a planetarium? Not for ages, but we used to go to Hayden all the time when I was younger. I don’t think it’s even called the Hayden Planetarium anymore

21. Do you re-use towels after you shower? Listen, I do enough laundry as it is. One-use towels? Gimme a break!

22. Some things you are excited about? My first Christmas in a loooong time with a big family, making the most of my career and waiting to see if I can meet the demands of my current position, the imminence of holiday gingerbread lattes from Sbux

23. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO? I usually mix a sugar pack with a sugarfree pack and I almost always gel it with fruit. It mostly tastes the same… some reddish/pinkish gelatin concoction with canned pineapple floating in it.

24. Describe your keychain(s)? grey key fob to get me into work, various little plastic membership thingies (blockbuster, Borders, LA Fitness), and always at least one Hello Kitty item.

26. Where do you keep your change? In the change purse section of my wallet. Chulo keeps his in a 5-gal water jug next to one of my many shoe racks

27. What kind of winter coat do you own? A long black leather one, which is not actually mine but has been on perma-loan from Diane since like, I dunno, maybe winter 2000??

28. What was the weather like on your graduation day? I think it must have been cloudy on my HS graduation day, since we held it in the gym. But we had the party of all parties on the lawn outside afterwards, so it couldn’t have been too bad. I don’t remember the other graduations.

29. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed? Open, unless I have houseguests.

30. Did U read this far? Consider yourself tagged (you know, if you wanna do it)!!

9 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

i love this meme! i'm so doing it.

11/04/2006 12:21:00 AM  
Blogger Natalia said...

Lisa Lisa ROTFL :)

-N

11/06/2006 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger JMai said...

Terry -- you did it, and it's faaabulous, dahlink!

Butt -- Hey! I know, I know... but Lisa Lisa was huge back then! And you already know my concert virgin story so shush it!

11/06/2006 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger DZER said...

woohooo!! Christmas is starting to pop up in a lot of posts ... I can't wait!

nice meme ... seen it on a lot of blogs lately, so I probably will be doing it soon :)

11/06/2006 07:56:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

i got tagged by elle already and i understand it's coming from nat too

*g*

11/07/2006 12:04:00 AM  
Blogger ~art said...

This meme just keeps going and going like the energizer bunny. lol
lisa lisa and the cult jam **snicker** ok the sad part is I recognize the names of these bands too so i probably listened to them as well. lol I can't for the life of me remember what they sang but it must have rocked. peace~art

11/07/2006 01:06:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Dzer -- I know, I'm so excited about Christmas already. I'm actually CURBING my shopping because I'm one of those freaks that enjoys shopping at Christmas. But I can't help it, I'm very excited about it! And there's not even a chill in the air here

Sass -- Guess that means you better get to meme-ing!

Art -- It IS a fun tag! Lisa Lisa was very popular back in the late=ish 80s. Lost in Emotion, All Cried Out -- sound familiar? Yeah, you know you love it! Lol
For the record, I probably woulnd't have noticed that there was no 25 if I hadn't already read the discussion about it on Nat's post. But yeah, why do they do that??

11/08/2006 06:51:00 AM  
Blogger Natalia said...

Still laughing :)

11/10/2006 12:32:00 AM  
Blogger Cressy said...

holy crap!!! You must call me if you are free and want to get lunch or something!! I will email you my number!

11/11/2006 02:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!