For the Teabag in All of Us

Not that kind of teabag. Don't be gross.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

If I go about this properly, the blog will (eventually) explain enough about me, so let me just explain the blog, or at least the title of it, here:

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

this n that

I don't have much exciting to write about, but I thought it was time to update. So here's a little sampling of the thoughts I've had today:

  • YAY I'm going to NYC next week
  • OMG I'm going to NYC next week and there is going to be SOOOO much work waiting for me when I get back to the office
  • My boyfriend's boss SUCKS ASS because he won't give him even one afternoon off so that I can surprise him (the boyfriend, not the boss) with a birthdayboy Caribbean weekend cruise
  • Watermelon is sooooooooo good!
  • YAY we're home this weekend, for the first weekend in what feels like... EVER. Of course next weekend Chulo's coming up to meet me in NY and the weekend after we're in Orlando, so it's a short-lived YAY but YAY all the same
  • Lush soap rocks
  • My feet have been swelling like balloons lately and I have no clear idea why. The swelling goes down if I wear sneakers, but that's not really a viable option at work, so I've taken to walking around in the mornings with my underwear and sneakers as I get ready. I'm pretty sure that Chulo thinks I'm a madwoman
  • I NEED to start working out again. Like, badly
  • YAY I finally hired a cleaning service and they are coming this weekend. This place is a disaster area, mainly because we're NEVER here long enough to clean it... only long enough to dirty it
  • Chulo is trying to turn me into a Nip/Tuck fan, but I'm fighting it. Mostly because they cut people open and there's blood. Ew.
  • I miss my parents
  • I think I might vote Republican in the Florida gubernatorial race, now that it's certain that Tom Gallagher won't be the conservative candidate. I need to do some more research, but that Charlie Crist seems like an ok sorta guy
  • When oh WHEN will it bloody stop raining? It's depressing. AND it makes it too easy to say ... eh, let's not go out walking tonight
  • I don't believe I will ever be able to give up chocolate. Not ever.
  • I'm going to lose my mind if I don't find a replacement for my home office compliance manager soon. There's way too much work to be done for me to indulge his lacksadaisical work ethic much longer. And the worst part? I feel like an age-ist for saying so. But the truth is he's a throwback from another era where managers sat around, chewed the fat with the brokers and read the paper, then went home at 4.
  • Chulo literally just said "get over here so I can bite you!" to me. No offense to you guys, but... yeah, I'll be going now.

Happy Tuesday, blogworld!

6 Comments:

Blogger DZER said...

• yay for the NYC trip!!

• boo to boyfriend's boss!

• yay for watermelon!

• boo for swollen feet!

• yay for underwear and sneakers!

• boo for republicans!

• yay for chulo bites!

9/13/2006 05:31:00 AM  
Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

a cleaning woman! i'm so freaking jealous.

cruise? if you want, i'll be more than happy to tag along since that idiot boss won't give your BF the time off. see how generous i am?

so glad to see ya back here, sister! we MUST do some watermelon some time!

9/13/2006 09:14:00 AM  
Blogger Natalia said...

My feet were swollen then first two days in Wales. It freaked me the fuck out too.

Let me know when you'll be in Orlando I have coins for Chulo.

I am trying to get up to NYC myself for a weekend to see Zip. But the schedule has a way of not letting up.

Biting is fun... :)

-N

9/13/2006 09:51:00 AM  
Blogger JMai said...

Dzer -- Way to sum things up :) ...I think you got all the important points. Especially the watermelon!

BG -- Hiring a cleaning service is something I've been thinking about for a while and I've always felt horrible for even considering it. But we are just NEVER HOME and when we are, I can assure you that we are not cleaning! So I think it's escalated to near-necessity.

As for your selfless volunteering, thank you! I wonder if we could smuggle Buddha in my valise?

Butt -- Yay coins! You are awesome, and Chulo is looking forward to adding to his collection. What a goofy thing to be into, huh? Weird boy.

9/14/2006 10:16:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Terry -- new York at Christmas is my favourite!! I've gotten used to Florida life, but if thre's ever a tme when I wish to go back, it's Christmastime. The city is just so alive. And don't believe all that hype about rude NYers... that's just some junk the city professional league dreamed up to keep slow-moving, camera-toting tourists from standing in the middle of the street and staring up at our buildings while we're trying to get to work and lollygagging in the deli line when we're trying to pick up a sammich!!

Actually I'm going for work, which normally would mean it's not going to be a fun trip, but a co-worker/friend is coming with me and she's never been, so I've promised her a night out every night. Then Chulo's coming up to meet me for the weekend. So I'm really looking forward to this trip!

Pickle -- I have to say, yogurt with watermelon does sound less than appetizing. Although yogurt with cantaloupe is good.

9/17/2006 07:57:00 AM  
Blogger Cressy said...

Chulo you NAUGHTY boy!!!

9/19/2006 10:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!