For the Teabag in All of Us

Not that kind of teabag. Don't be gross.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

If I go about this properly, the blog will (eventually) explain enough about me, so let me just explain the blog, or at least the title of it, here:

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Meme I stole from Nat

...who stole it from Dzer, who stole it from someone else, who probably stole it as well... and I don't know why she swallowed that flyyyyy....

....I guess I'll just go on with the meme!

1. My roommate and I once: pretended to be married just to get past this condo board for an apartment we both loved (former roommate of course)

2. Never in my life have I: punched anyone or had a fistfight

3. The one person who can drive me nuts, but then can always manage to make me smile is: probably Nat

4. High school was: too long ago for me to remember.

5. When I'm nervous: I bite my nails

6. The last time I cried was: ok don’t laugh. I cried at the end of the movie The Ringer last night. I know, I’m lame

7. If I were to get married right now, my bridesmaids/groomsmen would be: happy I wouldn’t make them wear rose-coloured ruffles

8. Would you rather run naked through a crowded place or have someone e-mail your deepest secret to all your friends? I’ll go with the email, since I don’t know what my deepest secret is, and I’d like to find out

9. My hair: rocks. Except when it’s curly.

10. When I was 5: my sister was born and we had an orange occasional chair in my house. I know this because I was photographed holding her on the day she came home from the hospital, sitting in that chair.

11. Last Christmas: was fairly miserable, having been broken up with 2 weeks prior by the jerk I was dating, and having had to make emergency travel plans to spend it with my parents when I had made alternate plans.

12. When I turn my head left: I notice that my darling Chulo has vaccuumed the dust off the slats in the a/c room door

13. I should be: exercising and/or cleaning out the fridge

14. When I look down I see: a pink stain on my sweater. God knows where that came from

15. The craziest recent event was: listening to the training tapes from the NY office brokers. What a disaster. Folks, do not buy stocks from cold callers! Just don't!

16. If I were a character on "Friends" I'd be: the fat one

17. By this time next year: my home may have blown away by a hurricane.

18. My favorite aunt is: I’m not particularly close to any of my aunts, but I call my godmother “Aunt Jan” so I guess she can be my favourite.

19. I have a hard time understanding: complicated financial principles

20. One time at a family gathering: oh God. I’m not doing the "this one time! at band camp!" thing.

21. You know I like you if: I actually listen when you speak

22. If I won an award, the first person (people) I'd thank: would depend on what kind of award it was

23. Take my advice: yeah, take it. It’s usually really good.

24. My ideal breakfast is: constantly changing. These days I’m into homemade peanut butter elvis shakes (thank you, Planet Smoothie). It’s a chocolate malt carnation instant breakfast, a cup of skim milk, a banana and ½ T of peanut butter.

25. If you visit my home town: you might get robbed.

26. Sometime soon I plan to visit: everywhere.

27. If you spend the night at my house: You will sleep in a comfy bed with lots of pillows and I will make you french toast and fruit salad in the morning.

28. I’d stop my wedding if: my parents weren’t there.

29. The world could do without: stupid people.

30. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: I’m so sorry, but that is something I will never do, so there’s no point in talking relatives.

31. The most recent thing I'’ve bought myself is: Uhh.. lunch

32. The most recent thing someone else bought for me is: Flowers.

33. My favorite blonde is: Umm. This IS a dumb question. I’m not sure I even know any blondes.

34. My favorite brunette is: This is also a dumb question. I’m skipping all the remaining dumb questions.

35. My car must have a sign on it that reads: “Go ahead, jump into my lane way before it’s safe to do so. I’m really a figment of your imagination. No white Camry here!”

36. The last time I was drunk: Ummmm not sure. Possibly my housewarming party after buying this place. Seems like a very long time ago but I can’t remember anything more recent

37. The animals I would like to see flying besides birds: Skip!

38. I shouldn't have been: peeking in my parents' closet that one time.

39. Have you ever shaved your pubic hair? Ever? I shaved it on Monday night

40. Last night I: worked late, made sandwiches for dinner, and watched The Ringer.

41. There's this girl I know who: has the dubious distinction of being named Vegina. Yes, people.

42: I don't know: so many things

43. A better name for me would be: something more unique and more professional-sounding than “Jennifer” – maybe like Margaret or Ursula or Judith or whatever

44. If I ever go back to school I'll: have myself euthenised

45. How many days until my birthday?: I’m not counting the days. I’d prefer to count backwards to my last birthday, thanks.

46. One dead celebrity I wish I'd met is: I’m really bad at the alive/dead celebrity game.

47. I've lived at my current address since: Ohh no, you're not getting me with this one, Big Brother!!

48. I've been told I look like: my father.

49. If I could have any car, it would be: the new Touareg, but it’s too gas-chuggly for me. I tried to test-drive the hybrid Camry but the very pathetic salesman could not find the keys to the ONE model they had on the sales floor. Oh well, no new car for Jmai.

50. If I got a new cat tomorrow, I would name it: I’ve already done the cat experiment this year, with dismal results. So this question is moot – skip!

18 Comments:

Blogger sassinak said...

okay first off with 44 and the back to school?

*howls laughing until tears run out of eyes*

*clears throat*

okay so um.. what was i going to say... i'm stealing this meme, and i love your deepest secret answer and am quoting you verbatim

8/10/2006 12:19:00 AM  
Blogger Natalia said...

Yeah I drive a lot of people crazy... but I guess that's part of the charm. I never claim to be an easy person :)

We always have stains on our tops.

That whole hing about the brokers you were telling me about this morning was so funny, especially when I got a cold call in the afternoon.

Ursula???? SO NO.

I am up at 1 AM doing work. Did I not tell you my life is nuts?

-N

8/10/2006 01:04:00 AM  
Blogger JMai said...

Sass -- Dude, school? I just can't do it anymore. I'd have to be insane to put myself through any more of that!

This is a fun meme, definitely steal it! And quote anything you like -s-

Nat -- I know, you can't take us anywhere.

I can't believe you got a cold call. I keep wishing I would get one -- but I guess their lists would show what I do for a living and even brokers are not THAT stupid.

OK not Ursula but something more... I dunno, substantial. Everyone is named Jennifer!

PS did I tell you that Chulo wants to name our first daughter Natalia? Ha.

8/10/2006 08:32:00 PM  
Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

LICK THE BELLY OF A COCKROACH? Holy shit on a stick. No words.

Peanut butter Elvis shake? I'm trying that one...only with that protein powder I usually use. Sounds YUMMY. Good times. I think I'm bringing a blender to class this year. We already have a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot in there. What's one other appliance among friends?

Vegina? See, that's what happens when ya go into labor without having signed an agreement with male and female names ALREADY chosen. People do crazy shit like that when they give birth. Not me. I chose WELL BEFORE my water broke on my hardwood floors!

And you're right. Your hair DOES rock. I LOATHE mine. And envy yours!

8/10/2006 09:25:00 PM  
Blogger Natalia said...

Well that is a lovely name. :)

-N

8/11/2006 07:53:00 AM  
Blogger Natalia said...

But..also...what happened to Olivia... you wanted Olivia...it's been Olivia for as long as I've known you, I think.

And Olivia Natalia
or Natalia Olivia

Not sure about that.

-N

8/11/2006 12:00:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

BG -- I have the best blender EVER. Seriously. Very important for crushing the ice in the PB Elvis shakes. And thank you for the hair compliment!

Nat -- Olivia is still my first choice although it seems I'm a little late to the baby-having party and soooo many people have recently stolen MY babygirl name... and part of what I loved about Olivia was its originality (plus the way it just rolls off your tongue when said properly... Ohwlivia and not Uhhlivia). So maybe it's not a top pick anymore now that so many people are using it. But Chulo wants to name her after you since it's all YOUR fault that we're together!

What a thing to take the blame for, eh?

8/11/2006 06:45:00 PM  
Blogger terry said...

vegina???

OH. MY. GOD. that poor woman.

also loving your deepest secret answer.

be glad that your deepest secret is NOT that you were named after a part of the anatomy.

vegina. HIGHlarious....

8/11/2006 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger DZER said...

OK ... I'm soooo coming by to spend the night, just for the French toast! and as a warning, I can eat a TON of French toast!

8/11/2006 11:48:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Terry -- Vegina. But pronounced va-gee-na, not va-gy-na.

Dz -- Open invitation anytime, sugar. You know, in case you want to get off a hot, humid island with lush greenery, golf courses galore and hurricane warnings, and visit a hot, humid peninsula with lush greenery, gold courses galore and hurricane warnings.

Also, my french toast is slammin, yo -s-

8/12/2006 01:23:00 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

You cried at The Ringer?!!? The end was nice, but crying nice? I'm usually a sucker for movies but the Ringer just didn't make me cry. If I was a girl, there's no way I go out with that guy no matter what. No matter how he tries to make up for it, he faked mental disability to compete in the Special Olympics!

8/12/2006 06:52:00 AM  
Blogger JMai said...

Phil, I was crying more like at the point where Glen won, or where the big guy told the girl (Helen?) that she completed him. Oh, and when Billy perfectly executed the balcony soliloquy.

I've now ruined that movie for anyone that reads this comment, but I had to defend myself.

Also, I cry at Publix and Hallmark commercials. And like, Will & Grace. I'm a sucker.

8/12/2006 02:38:00 PM  
Blogger Natalia said...

Hehe...I'll take that blame. And seriously, it's your fault about Mr. Hagfish cause you introduced me to that site. So, makes sesne. :)

-N

8/13/2006 09:00:00 AM  
Blogger Cressy said...

girl, you need to get drunk! ;)

8/16/2006 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger JMai said...

Nat -- Ok, I'll take that blame too :) ... I didn't realise it was from that site

Cress -- Whew! You made it 14 comments. I hate having 13 comments but haven't had time to comment on my own blog. Which means you're probably right and I should get drunk! Think I should get crazy with my boss at the boring conference tomorrow night?

Lol. That would be so fun. He's a funny guy.

8/16/2006 09:06:00 PM  
Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

you funny.

Time to get drunk!

8/16/2006 09:35:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Queen -- that seems to be the theme of the evening! Maybe I should go fix myself a drink right now....

8/16/2006 11:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Vitamin c piaon music didrex cod order b12 levels acne Natural skin care formula really works order xenical Shark cameras digital driver acne facial option procedure reduce scarring treatment

3/01/2007 04:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!