For the Teabag in All of Us

Not that kind of teabag. Don't be gross.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

If I go about this properly, the blog will (eventually) explain enough about me, so let me just explain the blog, or at least the title of it, here:

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Do you yahoo?

I used to yahoo. Then I downloaded the new version of yahoo messenger. And now I don't know what the HELL is going on.

I can't figure out how to send IMs. I can't figure out how to shrink the window and close the annoying bottom part of the window that I never use. I can't figure out why it keeps opening up this Yahoo 360 page which I find useless and confusing. And finally, I cannot understand why it keeps showing me some name that I do not know as if this person is a friend of mine. I have a sneaking suspicion that it IS someone who's already on my list but of course I can't figure out how to email the old or the new contact to ask!

Normally I'm very open to change, and even as I deny it, I'm fairly hip to technology if I give it a little bit of thought. But right now, I'd like my old yahoo back.

9 Comments:

Blogger sassinak said...

nope, i gmail

good luck with your trauma though!

8/02/2006 12:13:00 AM  
Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Ooooooooh you poor thing!

I refused to download that new shit. I'm all about sticking with the old stuff I KNOW works.

Here's to hoping you can solve the ills which have been heaped on you apres download. Poor woman!

8/02/2006 12:15:00 AM  
Blogger terry said...

doncha hate it when the "new and improved" version of anything is more complicated and harder to use than what was there before??

8/02/2006 01:28:00 PM  
Blogger Cressy said...

lol.
this is how i feel about the new aol messenger. it's just so complicated.
*sigh* we are old.

8/02/2006 08:29:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Sass -- does gmail have a messenger?

Buddha -- I know, I'm such a sadsack! I should have stuck with the old but I kept getting that annoying reminder message every day to upgrade so I finally caved.

Terry -- so far I note no improvement!

Cress -- I don't know about you, young miss... but I am definitely getting up there! I wonder if I'll start to revert and I'll be using a typewriter by the time I'm 80?

8/02/2006 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

yes, it's called gtalk

8/03/2006 02:53:00 PM  
Blogger Cressy said...

lol. i would like a typewriter. my mom had one when i was a kid. i find the clicking so satisfying. maybe we'll revert back to rabbit ears on our tv's and turn dial land lines and listening to Madonna and BananaRama on cassette tapes. :)

I'm almost 27!! It SUCKS! :( lol

8/04/2006 02:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J. I'm at Daz's. He's singing. We enjoyed a cracking bbq. Neither of us was aware of the yahoo ish mind. Have you ever heard Crass - 'do they owe us a living?' Course they do, course they do.

8/05/2006 06:31:00 PM  
Blogger Natalia said...

I haven't had any issues with yahoo. Hmmmm I wonder what the deal is. I got your offline messages and you obviously got mine. Dunno.

-N

8/06/2006 04:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!