For the Teabag in All of Us

Not that kind of teabag. Don't be gross.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

If I go about this properly, the blog will (eventually) explain enough about me, so let me just explain the blog, or at least the title of it, here:

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Karma + Meme-thingy = happy weekend!

I got some good news this week. I mean, not really good news for me in that it doesn't have any effect on my life... but it was feel-good news. Like when someone does you dirty and then you find out that they've recently gotten themselves stuck in a bind, and it's due in part to the dirty they did to you? I know it shouldn't, but it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Anyway I can't really go into specifics, but suffice it to say that someone did something really inappropriate to me recently, and whether it's the ripple effects of what he did to me or just natural progression, he is now in a position where if he hadn't done to me what he did, he would be ok. He'll still be fine, because he's a smart guy, but I know he's suffering. And pissed. And this fills me with glee. Because what he did to me, although in the end it worked out, was really, really inappropriate and it's the sort of thing that grown, civilised people just do not do. Golden rule, baby.

Anyway. Sass had this cute little meme thing that works kinda differently. Instead of writing stuff about yourself, the tagger writes stuff about you, and then tags you to do the same to her (or him), and it goes on and on with you doing that for each of your commenters. Except Sass was kind enough to say she'd only do the tag to you if you asked for it, rather than doing it to all commenters. Or perhaps she did that because she has so many commenters. Well, I don't have that problem so I'm going to do it to ALL of you ...muahahahahahahahaha!

Ahem.

So it works like this: If you comment on this post:
1. I’ll respond with something random about you
2. I’ll challenge you to try something
3. I’ll pick a color that I associate with you
4. I’ll tell you something I like about you
5. I’ll tell you my first/clearest memory of you
6. I’ll tell you what animal you remind me of
7. I’ll ask you something I’ve always wanted to ask you

And,
8. If I do this for you, you must post this on yours

Here's the tag she did for me (cut and pasted directly from her blog, because... well, I'm lazy), and then of course I had to comment back, so those are in italics. Now I have to do her on here (I think that's the way it goes! in the comments section?), and all you commenters are next!

1. i’ll respond with something random about you
i love the way you dive in with both feet and without holding back.

Thank you! I think I'm too old for the wading pool. If it goes wrong, at least it goes wrong straight away and I don't have to waste time wondering

2. i’ll challenge you to try something
i challenge you to um... damm this is hard. i challenge you to believe in yourself and take the big risk

Now this is kinda weird because I see the challenge as something I wouldn't ordinarily do without being challenged, yet this is sort of what you like about me in the first question. But I feel like I know where you're going with it and I believe I will accept your challenge!

3. i’ll pick a color that i associate with you
pink and no i have no idea why

That's funny because, especially recently, I think pink has become sort of my signature colour. I have pink shoes, a pink wallet, tons of pink clothes, I wear pink eyeshadow and lip gloss, and it just seems like I've been wearing more pink recently. I think I draw the line at a pink phone, though. Might be seen as unprofessional.

4. i’ll tell you something i like about you
i like that you're willing to look at the other person's side instead of assuming yours is right.

Mom taught me that one. I still think I'm right most of the time though.

5. i’ll tell you my first/clearest memory of you
butt!

Lol. Yeah, I used to use that alias before I had a blog and became JMai. It's a long-standing nickname with a completely retarded story behind it.

6. i’ll tell you what animal you remind me of
um. this one is dumb.

'Tis

7. i’ll ask you something i’ve always wanted to ask you
was it love at first sight with chulo?

No. I think when I met Chulo I was a little too disillusioned by both the online dating process and my past relationships to have enough faith to allow for love at first sight. But he was the first person I'd met in ages who I was into. Plus he's so fucking cute that if it were going to be love at first sight with anyone, it would be him.

8. if i do this for you, you must post this on yours
and do me!

My pleasure, Sasselina!

14 Comments:

Blogger JMai said...

Is it wrong to be the first comment on your own blog? If so, rules be damned! I owe Sass a meme thing.

1. I’ll respond with something random about you

I wonder why you never changed your blog photo after all that voting!

2. I'll challenge you to try something

Wow this is really hard. Hm. I challenge you to ... Ugh I have to come back to this one. Seriously I've been sitting here for 5 minutes on this one question.

3. I’ll pick a color that I associate with you

Green. Earthy but full of positive energy

4. I’ll tell you something I like about you

Your profound honesty. I don't run into too many people like that.

5. I’ll tell you my first/clearest memory of you

That you made me feel better by publicly admitting on Nat's blog that you love One Tree Hill also. I still heart you for that.

6. I’ll tell you what animal you remind me of

A wise old sea turtle. Look, it was either that or a fox and I think you're foxy but you're more wise and also, please don't ask me where I got the idea that sea turtles are wise. Probably because they live for 150 years but still use the word "Dude" ... clearly my experience with sea turtles is limited to Finding Nemo.

7. I’ll ask you something i’ve always wanted to ask you

You always talk about the accident but I don't know the details.

8. If I do this for you, you must post this on yours

Ok you're exempt because really, how many times can we do this dance?

7/08/2006 09:55:00 AM  
Blogger sassinak said...

yeah i own nerd one too...

1. because there was ties and that old photo had just as many votes. so i'm waiting for one to just grab me and then i'll change it.
2. i do that too with that one.
3. it's funny, everyone is picking green or earth brown... and i thought i was a water!
4. thank you. i work very hard at it.
5. i do... and i missed half this season cause global kept changing the time with no warning so i'm waiting for the dvd's and it's KILLING ME!
*clears throat*
*looks around...*
*laughs*
6. i think being a sea turtle seems awesome actually.
7. okay i'll write a post about it. but it was VERY small.

:)

i love that kind of good news btw.

your one and two are about different things, so even though they're sort of the same they sort of aren't.

like how i'm confident at work but not dating like.

*huggs* love it!

7/08/2006 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger terry said...

i think you have every right to feel joy at someone's comeuppance. i mean, we so rarely get to see justice being served, you know?

do me! do me!

7/08/2006 02:42:00 PM  
Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

I'm with Terry on this...I LOVE LOVE LOVE that the idiot boy got kicked in the pants by Miss Fate. Fate's a bitch when you cross her. I'm happy he got his in the proverbial end...but I'm ECSTATIC that you were able to watch it happen. Glee, glorious glee!

7/08/2006 03:55:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Sass -- -hugs back- I'm glad you love it! I'm still thinking on what to challenge you with though. It IS tough

Terry -- Ok here goes:
1. I’ll respond with something random about you

Your profile photo makes me giggle every time, even after months of following your blog

2. I'll challenge you to try something

I challenge you to do a local singles night kind of event doing something you enjoy -- like Singles Pottery night, or Single Opera night, or whatever.

3. I’ll pick a color that I associate with you

Lavender

4. I’ll tell you something I like about you

Your cool factor. I would so want to hang out if we lived in the same place. I think you'd be a hoot to hang with.

5. I’ll tell you my first/clearest memory of you

Your profile photo! Lol.. I love the googly eye face

6. I’ll tell you what animal you remind me of

A sea otter and I'm not sure why. But that's what comes to mind.

7. I'll ask you something I've always wanted to ask you

What precisely is it that you do for a living?

8. If I do this for you, you must post this on yours (and do me!)

7/09/2006 11:12:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Buddha Girl -- Welcome! I'm glad you joined us.. I always note your comments on Terry's blog. I dunno how well I can tag you since we've not been properly acquainted, but I'll try...

1. I’ll respond with something random about you

It's awesome how you and Terry seem to be so close when it's obvious you don't live near one another

2. I'll challenge you to try something

Ok this is no fair as I don't know you. I challenge you to read my blog every day!

3. I’ll pick a color that I associate with you

Uhhh....

4. I’ll tell you something I like about you

You came to visit my blog AND left a nice comment!

5. I’ll tell you my first/clearest memory of you

Lol, your comment here. I'm sensing a theme, are you?

6. I’ll tell you what animal you remind me of

This is impossible to answer at this time.

7. I'll ask you something I've always wanted to ask you

Did I read something about you eating a chocolate and fearing dumping? Did you have gastric bypass? And if so, has it been a good experience for you? That's a bunch of questions and possibly moot if I remembered the comment wrong and it actually wasn't you.

8. If I do this for you, you must post this on yours

You can be exempt if you wish since it was clearly not that easy for me to do it for you! But welcome anyway and I'm serious about that challenge!!

7/09/2006 11:19:00 PM  
Blogger Natalia said...

ROTFL... popular meme this one. For some reason the mechanics of it confound me.

But it is damn cute.

-N

7/11/2006 03:54:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

nat: hubris finds it confusing too...

7/11/2006 05:28:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

I think I may have scared people away from commenting by promising the tag? Well that sucks.

But Nat posted so this should be fun:

1. I’ll respond with something random about you

Oh God, I could say any number of random things. I'll settle for how much I admire your writing, which is brilliant by itself, but even better because I know you're not writing in your native language.

2. I'll challenge you to try something

I'm saving this for later

3. I’ll pick a color that I associate with you

Black, but only because it's the staple of your wardrobe and home furnishings. Not because I think you're gloomy or anything.

4. I’ll tell you something I like about you

It would be easier to tell you something I don't like about you. You're one of my favourite people.

5. I’ll tell you my first/clearest memory of you

Hehe... I remember you walking into the NYPIRG/D Phi E office and announing with a goofy smile that you'd just slept with your boyfriend's best friend. We didn't even know you and yet suddenly we were privy to a fairly intimate detail. It's just so characteristic of your openness.

6. I’ll tell you what animal you remind me of

Is a vampire an animal? I guess they must be at least partly mammal, so that's an animal. Your fangs are gone now anyway so that's no good.... ummm.... wow this really is a dumb question. Or else perhaps I'm just not that in tune with the animal kingdom, because I have a lot of trouble with this one.

7. I'll ask you something I've always wanted to ask you

Did you wear acid wash jeans when you were living in Iowa?

8. If I do this for you, you must post this on yours (and do me!)

Well, you don't have to

7/12/2006 07:50:00 AM  
Blogger Natalia said...

OK so this means I have to post your answers as well as mine, right? And do I get to comment on your answers too? Cause it was my ex's best friend lol :)

I will do this tag as part of HNT if I do HNT or on its own after it :)

-N

7/12/2006 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger terry said...

1. i'm glad the pic makes you giggle. can you tell i was drunk? i don't even remember that photo being taken.
2. oh GOD...no! do i have to??
3. i like lavender! my fave new eyeshadow is in that color family.
4. awww. that's so flattering. i'm so not cool.
5. heh. that's funny.
6. i love sea otters!
7. i'm a radio news writer and interview producer.
8. i promise, i'll get to this this weekend! (i still owe sass, too...)

7/12/2006 09:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info cheap vardenafil Order order ultram Click pay per promotion

2/14/2007 02:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Tablety adipex how to write a fax Free black fat sex videos Mature women with natural large tits downloadable ringtones B refinancing b b online b Hoover foldaway upright vacuum cleaner Free asian video xxx imagewhat+is+fluoxetine 7 Car hilton paris photo Teen blowjobs and movies Drive rolls not honda How does xanax work Paris hiltons sextape

3/01/2007 11:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

3/04/2007 07:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!