For the Teabag in All of Us

Not that kind of teabag. Don't be gross.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

If I go about this properly, the blog will (eventually) explain enough about me, so let me just explain the blog, or at least the title of it, here:

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

busybee

I'm not entirely sure where I'm finding the time to write this post, but I've decided ... to hell with the scheduling! Everything will get done... eventually. Right now I need to unwind a little.

I'm more than a wee bit tired from the weekend... and a crazy one it was. It's nice to be back in my own house for once. Of course I leave it again tomorrow ...heading up to NY for little sister's wedding and a couple of branch inspections. I've got a lazy 42 hours or so planned with the parents and Chulo -- barbecuing and boating and just being chill -- wedged inbetween the busy times. So for now I'm just going to enjoy my time alone at my desk catching up on all the bloggy weekends and giving a little update of my own.

Chulo took me to see Phantom on Saturday, to celebrate my new independent consulting adventure and my two clients! I've read the book and seen the movie but never seen the musical live... it was fantastic. Why he's so good to me, I'll never know.

I might get to meet Sass this week! If Nat would teach me to snoopydance, I so would do it for that occasion.

In other news, I think my last post was the first time I've broken 20 comments. And only uhhh... I think 6 of them were mine. Yay blog buddies!

I've yet to do the Y tag for Dzer (which I asked for, idiotgirl that I am! I can't help it, I love tags/memes!) But I had a looooong 3-hour drive from Orlando (and straight to a client's office) this morning to think about things, and try to keep myself from falling asleep (unsuccessfully for a brief moment -- that was pretty scary!). Anyway, I was thinking about friends, and how I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life, and this is what I came up with:

A friend invites you to her housewarming party
A true friend arranges her party around your schedule

A friend visits new mommy and baby in the hospital after a long, hard labour
A true friend comes to the hospital bearing gifts not just for baby but also for new mommy

A friend congratulates you on your decision to start your own business
A true friend calls contacts to garner clients for you and offers to help you with marketing

A friend is nice to your new boyfriend
A true friend tells him embarrassing things about you but in the next breath offers to introduce him to her boyfriend's friends so he'll feel more at home when he moves to a new town to be with you

A friend lets you crash on the couch when you unexpectedly show up in her town for a family emergency
A true friend opens the door for you at midnight, after she's already gone to sleep, and gives you half the bed AND the silky pillows

I will do the Y tag and tell you all about the wedding festivities next week!

11 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

barbecuing, boating, and chilling all sound so fabulous.

as does meeting sass! you lucky girls.

5/30/2006 09:37:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

There will be no meeting of her Sassiness... time got away fromme and I didn't think to revisit the issue til tonight. Unfortunately I'll only be in Buffalo for one evening. Not much time for living it up with the Canadian bloggers.

I cannot WAIT for the boating. Down here, every so often, I can get out with some friends on the intercoastal or (gulp) the ocean side. But my parents are up in the Finger Lakes... (mmm, just got goosebumps thinking about the wineries!) ...I think Chulo and I are going to actually stay on boat which is docked outside the house. How lovely, falling asleep to the gentle lapping of the lake. Mmmmm.

5/30/2006 10:23:00 PM  
Blogger DZER said...

go ahead, leave all us letter lovers in limbo on your L tag!

and I have some strong hints of why chulo is so good to you, most of them involving because you soooo deserve it!

also, nice post about friends ... some warm insight there :)

5/30/2006 11:45:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Dzer -- L tag? L tag!! Ohhh noooo, mister, you gave me the letter Y. So no wonder I'm putting it off just a smidge!

Thank you for saying that! He says the same thing, but then, boyfriends are sposed to say things like that.

And yep, that pretty much sums up my recent interactions with my friends these past few weeks. They're so good.

Joanne -- I will try to email you later (I'm not so good with the email), but I think you should be ok. The company itself is a nightmare -- they never call you back, they're dishonest about quality and availability of destinations, they're rude, etc. I double-checked everything on tripadvisor.com, and other sites if I could find them. The place we went was fine... you know, fine like the Olive Garden is fine, but you don't go there on a first date.

I think it all depends on where you're going and your attitude. But if you've already dealt with them, then you should be past the hard part.

5/31/2006 08:43:00 AM  
Blogger Natalia said...

Well I didn't want you to have to put your head on the non-silky ones lol I have to get more pillow covers lol

And yaay for lazy times to relax with Chulo :)

I still can't believe she is getting married.

-N

5/31/2006 11:46:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

i bet nat did the last one

i'm sad that our schedules are fucked, i wish i had known you were coming a wee bit sooner and i could have arranged somethign.

which wouldn't have worked anyway cause i spent the night last night waiting for a prescription and the day today sleeping so...

ahh well :(

and i knew that last one was nat :)

6/01/2006 01:07:00 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Nice post Jmai. Looking forward to the Y meme.

6/01/2006 08:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you do?, Ian here. Likely not that you'll check this out before the whole wedding bit, but if you do, have a good'un.

Second speech is always a bad deal. My bro gave the speech of 'ever', follow that!!

I wrote loads to Nat about balloons, blogger's rights and shirts lost to curry but it didn't want to load up to the page, sorry Natalia. Be well everyone!

6/01/2006 04:47:00 PM  
Blogger cmhl said...

love the "true friend" list!

6/05/2006 07:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

2/23/2007 06:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

4/23/2007 05:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!