For the Teabag in All of Us

Not that kind of teabag. Don't be gross.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

If I go about this properly, the blog will (eventually) explain enough about me, so let me just explain the blog, or at least the title of it, here:

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Tag Time

Terry tagged me with this meme umm... well quite some time ago, actually. Let's not labour on how long ago it was and instead get on with the meme, shall we?

2 moments in your life you'd like to erase
Do they have to be moments? I mean I've done some things that I might like to erase, but I'm not sure I can pinpoint a precise moment at which I said or did something that set those events in motion. So hmmm....okay.
*Meeting my ex. I had all sorts of warning bells going off in my head and I knew he was too immature and full of dreams that he didn't have the means to fulfill, but he was sweet and I was so tired of dead-end dating. Disastrous results.
*The moment mom told me she had breast cancer

4 moments you'd like to relive:
*Key West with Chulo
*Finding out I'd passed the bar exam
*When my sister came home for the first time, but I'd like to relive it as an older version of me so I could appreciate it more
*Celebrating Las Fallas in Valencia on the eve of spring ... but this time, preferably with no late-night notice that my country was at war

2 places you wouldn't want to go to/go to again:
*Staten Island -- ew
*Key West -- it was so perfect the first time, that I think I can never go back again for fear that it wouldn't be just as I remembered it.

4 places you can't wait to visit/visit again

*London

*Spain -- but next time I want to explore the whole country. I never got to Madrid, Toledo, or the Andaluz region. DYING to go there.

*India

*A western carribbean cruise. Really any cruise, but if I get to pick, I'd like the western Carribbean, please. And not during hurricane season. And I'd like a room with a balcony. Thanks!

Uhh sorry -- I just tried to do bullets and it messed up the whole flow of that section -- forgive the weird interruption

2 foods you can't stand:
*Cauliflower
*Okra

4 foods you love:
*Ice Cream
*Stuffed grape leaves
*Roasted vegetables
*Chocolate

2 current songs that make you change the station:
*that annoying Rhianna song
*the entirely overplayed Panic at the Disco song. Let it be known that I love that CD but I am just SO SICK of that song being played on endless rotation.

4 current songs you play over and over:
this is a combo of radio and CD... the radio ones are ones I WOULD play over and over if I had the CD, but I don't
*Valio la Pena (Marc Anthony) -- CD
*Over My Head (the Fray) -- radio
*Embarrassing, yes... but that song by Nick Lachey... Take What's Left (not sure what it's called?) -- radio
*Do Ya Want To? (Franz Ferdinand) -- CD

2 books you'd never finish/read again:
*Most non-fiction
*The Dictionary of Failed Relationships -- to her credit, Nat warned me that this book was awful. Oh my God it's AWFUL

4 books you have read more than once, and/or will read again:
*The Eight, Katherine Neville
*One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel Garcia Marquez
*The God of Small Things, Arundhati Roy
*Probably anything by Naguib Mahfouz

Tag 2-4 people:
Uhh... geez, who hasn't done this tag yet? I'll take a risk and tag
*Sass
*Cressida

12 Comments:

Blogger sassinak said...

wow officially tagged... been a while, thanks jmai :)

i feel like you feel about key west about my first rave. it was magical and perfect and could never be matched again and i thus never wish to do it again.

:)

8/26/2006 05:19:00 PM  
Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Umm I was born in Staten Island. St. Vincent's Hospital. I'd never go back to that wasteland again either.

I LOATHE that Rhianna chick.

Excellent memories! I can't wait for my first time in Key West!

8/26/2006 08:03:00 PM  
Blogger terry said...

hey, i like that nick lachey song, too. and i'm only a little embarrassed to admit it...!

nice list.

8/26/2006 09:36:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Sass -- my pleasure! Meme away! it's a weird feeling, so many people that i tell that to don't quite get it. So I'm glad you know what I mean.

BG -- Stop by for a drink and a toddle around the pool on your way down to the Keys!

terry -- Thanks! And thanks for tagging me ...I love being tagged!

8/27/2006 12:27:00 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

what's with all the cauliflower-phobes? I'm not a big veggie fan, but I likes me my cauliflower! especially with hot cheese sauce!!

8/28/2006 09:14:00 AM  
Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

I love cauliflower too!

the more hot cheese ... the better!

You can have my peas though.

8/28/2006 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Cauliflower is ickypoo. No matter HOW much hot cheese you put on it!!

But hot cheese is good. As is cold cheese. And room-temperature cheese.

Just NOT with cauliflower. Have I made myself clear?? Lol.

8/29/2006 03:40:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

word on the cauliflower

dude seriously the only thing i like less is eggplant. ecchhh

8/30/2006 12:36:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Sass, actually I have been a lifelong eggplant-hater but recently I've come to enjoy it -- but only prepared a few different ways. Mainly, I like it roasted because I think the roasting makes it creamy and not slimy.

Also my mom makes this fanTAStic pickled eggplant dish -- the eggplant in it is usually a bit too slimy/seedy for my liking but I love to sop up the sauce with pita bread. OMG Yum.

8/30/2006 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger CawfeeGuy said...

no need to come to SI, it's a sh-thole. btw: your title really does evoke the OTHER tea bag. i actually blushed!

8/30/2006 03:17:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Cawfee -- I had to get fun new bloggers over to my site SOMEhow, didn't I? -s- Welcome!

8/30/2006 03:56:00 PM  
Blogger Madame X said...

Just bleezing (blog breezing) through this caught my eye
2 places you wouldn't want to go to/go to again:
*Staten Island -- ew

Yep, that pretty much sums up Staten Island!

9/05/2006 09:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!