For the Teabag in All of Us

Not that kind of teabag. Don't be gross.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

If I go about this properly, the blog will (eventually) explain enough about me, so let me just explain the blog, or at least the title of it, here:

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Confession

I have a confession to make.

I have been at home, in pajamas, since about 3pm Friday afternoon.

Against vehement protest, I have sent my boyfriend away to a transmission parts and building expo (whatever that may consist of) in Orlando.

I have been taking my antibiotics, my cough syrup, and my temperature regularly.

I have read some of my book. I have watched some television. I have played several rounds of Yahoo! Gin. I have read and responded to work emails, and drafted a strategy for disciplining one of my brokers. And I have taken several short naps, woken from each one by a violent coughing fit.

I have scattered my floor with snotty tissues and broken my diet by putting honey in my tea and sucking on ice pops.

And in all this time, I have not blogged. I've visited your blogs, read them and even commented, but I have not written a post, knowing full well that I owe a post about our NYC exploits.

I'm sorry.

But in my defense, it's been soooooooooo good to just relax for a bit. Even if I had to get sick to finally be able to do it.

10 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

you poor thing.

feel better.

10/08/2006 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Aww hell! No apologies!

Tend to your boogies, coughing, and aches!

Drink plenty of tea that's at least HALF honey! Forget the guilt from the ice pops. You're sick!

I think a weekend spent doing as little as possible while in one's jammies is the best medicine you can take!

(Have you been given any tessalon (sic) pearls? They're great for the HORRID coughs!)

Feel better soon!

10/08/2006 02:23:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Terry -- I'm feeling better. Still not great, but better. Thanks.

BG -- I guess all the running around caught up to me. What are tessalon pearls? I'm going to have to google them now!

10/08/2006 09:52:00 PM  
Blogger DZER said...

poor lil jmai ... feel better soon, sicko ;)

10/09/2006 04:17:00 AM  
Blogger JMai said...

Dz -- I'm not sure if anyone's ever called me "sicko" before. Thanks!

Nat -- I soooo thought of doing that, since I broke the diet anyway. But my taste buds have been a little off (and certainly my sense of smell) so I decided I wouldn't really enjoy it and I wanted to save it for a time when I could. And don't call it crap! That's Cadbury drinking chocolate, you maniac!!

10/09/2006 07:40:00 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

LOL! Even this post was entertaining. Don't worry about blogging or not blogging. We'll still be here when you get back. I'm jealous. I wish I could get sick and lie in bed for a few days. I need the rest.

10/10/2006 07:33:00 AM  
Blogger Cressy said...

omg, i want some antibiotics! I can't get rid of this cold! I haven't been sick in years, either. So when I do I feel so sorry for myself cos I'm not used to it. lol.

10/11/2006 10:17:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

diets don't count when you're sick... nothing tastes good anyway and you just eat what you need

*huggs*

i love virtual hugs, no germage!

10/12/2006 07:27:00 PM  
Blogger masgblog said...

Feel better soon, and don't leave your germs on your blog!

10/13/2006 08:53:00 AM  
Blogger JMai said...

Phil -- Even this post? Lol, thanks!

Cress -- Sorry, no sharing of the meds. Also, I finished mine earlier this week. Although ... for a cold, I think you just need rest and vitamin C. Maybe a little echinacea.

Sass -- I figure the not eating much of anything cancelled out the honey and ice pops. -virtual hugbacks-

Mas -- thanks! I'm feeling much better now. I think it's safe to blog again!

10/15/2006 12:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!