For the Teabag in All of Us

Not that kind of teabag. Don't be gross.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

If I go about this properly, the blog will (eventually) explain enough about me, so let me just explain the blog, or at least the title of it, here:

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Say AAHHHH


No one wants me to say AAHHH right now, with the possible exception of my doctor. I'm sure my tongue is covered with a film of yuckiness. This is my FOURTH cold of the season, and I'm sick of it (no pun intended). And this time, the Zicam, the Emergen-C, and the Nyquil are NOT working. Ugh.

So I'm contemplating working from home today since NOT working is obviously not an option. I've been a bad blogger, and it's not for lack of trying... I've been reading and commenting as much as possible, but writing my OWN post (at least for me) takes a good 20 minutes of uninterrupted JMai time, which I find is impossible to get while at work. Then I get home, and half the time, Chulo and I have appointments with potential DJs and florists and other wedding-related bollocks. The rest of the time, it's the same old story -- we barely have time enough to make/have some dinner, and relax together for a few moments before it's time for bed. Any online time has been spent researching honeymoon options, trying to skim the guest list, and budgeting. And frankly, I don't suppose you guys want to read about that. Although I really appreciated all the comments on the singles issue. Of course I still have not made my mind up about it, because against all wisdom to the contrary, I am still trying my best to make everyone happy. I guess I will just cross that bridge when I come to it. I have some time before having to make an iron-clad decision on that, regardless of pressure.

What's this? J-Lo is releasing a new album entirely in Spanish? Hmmm.... we all know she cannot actually speak Spanish, so this has Marc Anthony written all over it. Maybe he's been giving her lessons.

So since I have nothing interesting to write about other than work, wedding, and the evil cold/flu season ... I will leave you all with previously promised photos of happier times: our cruise.

Believe it or not, this is our city, taken from the top deck of the ship before we sailed away.


This was our first formal night. We were too tired (and late) to dress up for the second formal night... I brought that other dress for nothing!


Sing it with me: Gin and coconut water... (yeah, I don't know the rest of the words, but it's a cool song and that IS a coconut filled with some alcohol that may as well be gin)


One of the starfish that Chulo found on the beach in Mexico... I have a couple of photos where he is holding the starfish, but he would kill me if I posted those! Turst me that he looks so cute in his swim trunks and snorkel mask!


Big ass stingrays in Grand Cayman. Yes, we went swimming with them. Yes, I screamed my ever-loving head off. But it was awesome. No one got stung (except one lady got stung by a jelly, but that's not the rays' fault)



Local artist in Belize, where it was at least 700 million degrees. He made all these awesome sculptures from Belizean jungle woods. We bought the pelican that you can maybe just make out on the bottom left of the table.





Our last night (and last drinks) on the cruise. Don't we look happy, but also sad that it's over?




See now, I feel better just having looked at those photos again. Is it time for another vacation yet?

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Natalia said...

The fact remains you can't make everyone happy. I think the choice should be made earlier rather than late so the people who will be unhappy have more time to deal with the unhappiness and get over it. But that's just me being pragmatic in an impractical setting. But that's all I have.

-N

3/27/2007 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

*clapping wildly*

You have made sick little me so fucking happy with those pics, sister!

I LOVED the ones with you and Chulo together! You are both absolutely precious! I want a special hottie pic of snorkel man with that starfish. Email it to me. Tell him I said he's a hottie. That should be enough! Ha!

Now. GET THEE TO A DOCTOR BEFORE YOU END UP IN MY SITUATION! Got that? FEEL BETTER!!!!

3/27/2007 11:36:00 AM  
Blogger JMai said...

Nat -- I accept that as truth, but it won't make me stop trying. There's no sense making a decision now, when so many other things remain variable. The conclusion of some will affect that decision. So until I can see a clearer picture, I will not be making that decision.

BG -- I'm glad you enjoyed them! Shoot me your email address at labocachiquita@yahoo.com and I'll see if I can get his permission to send you those pics. Believe me, I tell him he is a hottie every day, but he refuses to believe me. Come on, that smile? He's delicious! I'm glad you agree!

3/27/2007 03:10:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there! Get to feeling better soon! Vitamin C is your friend!Loved the pictures--makes me want to set sail myself! You're a braver woman than me to swim with stingrays! Dolphins, maybe, but not stingrays! :)

3/27/2007 04:10:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

virginia -- It was a scary day, I tell you ... plus the rough seas. The boat crew warned us to slide our feet rather than step, cause you never know if a ray is sitting under the sand, and you don't want to step on one... but the water was SO rough, and I am only 5'3, so trying to stay upright on that sandbar in turbulent water = one seriously scared, non-foot-sliding Jmai! I was ok if I was floating above with my snorkel mask, but when standing I was freaking!

Anyway, dolphin swim locales usually have stinky water. I imagine it's from all the fish they feed them to do the tricks with the people. Be brave, swim with rays!

3/27/2007 06:31:00 PM  
Blogger Oral said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures. Ya'll look like the best couple. You just both really look *happy*. I wish ya'll the best.

I want a vacation that good.

3/27/2007 07:47:00 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

I LOVED the pics! Those were great, and made me REALLY want to go on a cruise! I'm SO sorry to hear you're sick again-- please take care of yourself, and get some rest! *hugs*

3/28/2007 01:21:00 AM  
Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

hooray for holiday pics!! You're still adorable.

Or if you insist, adorkable.

Feel better soon and don't worry about making everyone happy ... i mean, have you ever really gotten MAD at a decision someone else has made about THEIR wedding?

Probably not. Maybe there has been momentary disappointment because of something they've had to restrict due to budgetary reasons, but when it comes down to it anyone who loves you and is happy for you and Chulo are just going to be happy to be there. Right?

That starfish looks like Patrick from Spongebob. So cute!!

3/28/2007 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger JMai said...

Oral -- Thank you! We had just a great time... I highly recommend vacation time! Not that anyone needs that ringing endorsement...

Christy -- Definitely go on a cruise, you'll have a blast! Then you'll have to post your own superfun holiday photos. Thanks for the well wishing... I am feeling MUCH better today! Significantly fewer sniffles. So it's safe to hug back -hugs- thank you!

Cheese -- I absolutely LOVE your take on this. You are 100% right ... if they really love us and want to be there to celebrate our day, then it won't matter if we serve pb&j. Those starfish were SO cool!

3/28/2007 09:54:00 PM  
Blogger terry said...

damn, woman, i can't believe you're sick again! gaaaaaaah!

i love those pics. you both look so happy!

and i'm with cheese on the wedding issue. she's absolutely right (as usual).

3/28/2007 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Terry -- thank you thank you! We are very happy! And I tend to agree with little miss cheese too... I think she makes brilliant sense.

3/29/2007 09:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!