For the Teabag in All of Us

Not that kind of teabag. Don't be gross.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

If I go about this properly, the blog will (eventually) explain enough about me, so let me just explain the blog, or at least the title of it, here:

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Uhh... derrrr

I blame Chulo.

I just took the Jeopardy! online test. Boy, do I feel dumb.

I usually do so well when I'm sitting on the couch throwing out guesses. But when I have 15 seconds to read the question and type in an answer... uhhh, not so much. Also, every question was a different category. I mean how am I supposed to build any momentum if you keep switching up the tempo?

So I think it's safe to say you won't be seeing me charm Alex Trebek (who is a pompous dork anyway) on television anytime soon. As if I have any time for frivolities like that.

Actually I have been thinking a lot about vacationing lately. Firstly, it's been nearly a year since I've gotten away. But also, Chulo may be getting some time off soon, and if he does, then I'll have to take some time off too so we can get away. I'd really like to bounce around the south of Spain for a week, but I'm not too sure we can make that happen on short notice.

I have so many things to talk about but can't... that's the issue with telling people that you know and interact with daily about your blog. I mean I have very few "real-life" friends/family/coworkers that know about my little cup of tea, and of those I don't think many check it often. But some stuff is too intrusive and I can't run the risk. Dammit!

Also I have been having trouble sleeping lately... for no good reason that I can think of. I don't really think it's stress... although I am much more stressed now than I ever have been (except maybe while studying for the bar exam), I'm still pretty good at leaving it (mostly) at the office, and I infrequently fall asleep worrying about work issues. Still, it takes me longer to get to sleep (the good news is, Chulo's not really a snorer, otherwise this would present a real problem), and I don't sleep through the night. I'm not waking up because I'm too hot or too cold; it's just not a fitful sleep. And in the morning? Fucking exhausted. Anyone have any ideas about that? Or what I could do to get a better night's sleep?

My neighbours across the way are SO LOUD. I'm pretty sure there are 19 Dominican people living in the corner 3-bedroom and I don't think ANY of them have a job, based on how late they stay up listening to music and cackling like drunken hags on the patio. Bitches. Or maybe I just need new, more soundproof windows.

Well this was random. I really need to get to sleep ...but please refer to the prior paragraph regarding sleep issues. Also I think I had all this nervous energy left over from the time pressure of taking the stupid Jeopardy test. I believe I'm over it now.

Why is Paris Hilton still alive? By my calculations, she should have been dead ages ago... considering that she's much too stupid to remember how to breathe.

13 Comments:

Blogger Tyra said...

Yes, and why is it that our so-called friends and family refuse to keep up with our blogs? It's not like they are never online. Is it really so far to drive, so hard to click, to stop by and see what's new? I have resorted to holding out on people in daily conversations. If they can't be bothered checking the blog once in a while, I'm not going to tell them what's there. Hmph.

Have you tried Benedryl?

1/26/2007 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

Two Words:

Tylenol PM.

A.K.A Elixir of the Gods.

1/26/2007 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger Natalia said...

I am thinking about stealing your blogging chick thing. I already stole the Delightful Blog thing from Beth. I think it gets people to come and check out what you are doing, which is cool.

I have not been sleeping well either. I reckon it's stress but then again, it doesn't help that when I can't sleep I pop right back up and sit at my computer and work on new articles or my novel and then oops I remember two hours later that I should have gone to sleep and it is now 4 AM. Yeah...I am not being smart about this.

And surely Paris would have died, if not of not remembering to breathe, of some STD or something she caught while sitting on a bench without wearing underwear.

And I bought some tylenol PM yesterday. I thought I might try it over the weekend in case it makes me a zombie.

Yaay vacation. I am in planning mode for the year as well. We shall see.

-N

1/26/2007 01:22:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Tyra -- That is a good question! I don't really tell friends and family about my blog, so I guess I don't take it too personally if the ones I have told (usually in passing or for some specific thing that's on the blog that I want to show them) don't check it religiously. But you make a good point - they could learn so much if they'd just click through!

I have not tried Benedryl, or any other medication.I'm trying to figure out the source of the problem before I go medicating myself.

Queen Cheese -- See above. I'm afraid to take anything with the words "PM" or "nighttime" ...what if I totally knock out? I'm already a bitch to get out of bed in the mornings!

Butt -- The blogging chicks are open to everyone (who's a chick). Plus they're just so cute.

At least you have some product to show for your sleeplessness. All I have are dark circles. Maybe if I ever get to go on vacation, I will get some fitful rest.

1/27/2007 08:49:00 AM  
Blogger Oral said...

glad you came back to post for us...
FiInd a romantic get away and GO GO GO!

Maybe start an anonymous blog...then you can post your rants and raves...so no one knows your *thoughts* but blogger buddies....

1/27/2007 10:30:00 AM  
Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

1. I hate cackling hags. (Classic! I'm using that line, sister!)

2. My HG is a Jeopardy whore. He can answer almost any question...not the literature ones, though.

3. How about some Ambien?

1/28/2007 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger sassinak said...

how much coffee/caffeinated tea/cola do you drink?

1/28/2007 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger JMai said...

Oral -- That's an idea... except I can barely keep up with this blog! I don't think I could keep up with an anonymous one too.

BG -- Thank you, feel free to borrow it anytime! Last night they were listening to something like DJ Punjabi. Where did THAT come from after all the spanish music they normally blast?

Sass -- Not too much. If anything, less than I used to. Chulo and I decided to try to save some money (and be healthier) by taking our own coffee to work every day, and the thermos I bought only holds 16oz. If I went to Dunkin I'd probably be drinking a 20oz with cream and sugar. Oi. And I don't drink much soda anymore either... maybe 2-3 cans a week. Mostly I drink water and sugarfree iced tea (with a splash of no-sugar-added cranberry concord juice). SO fucking YUM!

I got off topic a bit. What I meant to say was, I don't think it's the caffeine.

1/28/2007 08:06:00 PM  
Blogger Moby Dick said...

Paris Hilton and Dominicans on Jeopardy? I watched some show about Hollywood Celebrities who get blackmailed, and apparently Paris had her house burglarized and then the videos she keeps of her sexual encounters were used for blackmail. Her Hollywood home looks pretty average, I was a bit disappointed. She also has a lot of shady friends, so that made it harder to track down the blackmailer.

1/28/2007 10:19:00 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

You know, I know what you mean. I put so many things on my blog, that I only want a hand full of people in "real time" to know about, so I'm careful with whom I share it! And the ones I did share it with, I think there's like one who actually checks it *LOL*

Anyway, I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately, too. Let's put it this way, it's 2:32am, and I'm NO where near sleepy *sighs*

1/29/2007 02:34:00 AM  
Blogger JMai said...

Spider -- I've heard that about Paris' stuff, although I thought it wasn't that she was burglarised, but rather that she was renting storage space and didn't pay her bills, so the storage people decided to either sell her stuff or else sell "admission" to her stuff online. Either way the fact remains -- the bitch is stupid. First of all, you have a mansion. You probably have two mansions. And you're paying $30/sq. foot down at Public Storage? Weird.

Miss 1999 -- That is a weird thing! I wonder why that is? I'm pretty ok with it ... I like having my space separate, for some reason.

1/29/2007 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Are you still batting around ideas for vacations? If so, I am a fountain of knowledge on Vegas (if that appeals to you)...just got back from our 4th trip, actually. You can go to Paris, Brazil, New York and more all in one city! :)

2/02/2007 03:08:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Virginia -- I am ALWAYS batting around vacation ideas. But we are looking into maybe doing a 4 or 5 night cruise. It's hard for me to get away for much longer than that ...I'd have to plan it (office-wise) and there's no time for that kind of planning, given the situation. But I do love Vegas!

2/03/2007 08:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!