For the Teabag in All of Us

Not that kind of teabag. Don't be gross.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

If I go about this properly, the blog will (eventually) explain enough about me, so let me just explain the blog, or at least the title of it, here:

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, December 22, 2006

Happy happy!

Well, I lied. I said I was going to post more often, and here we are – over a week since my last post, and I’ve produced precisely nothing. How un-Christmasy of me.

So I guess those other memes that I want to do will just have to wait, since I will be heading off momentarily for our Orlando Christmas extravaganza (and by extravaganza, I mean plop on the couch and eat yummy Spanish food while watching the baby practice her walking, and cooking and baking and wrapping even more presents and drinking). The trunk of my car is chock-full of presents wrapped in pretty coloured paper and ribbons and bows. I’ve made dozens of chocolate lollipops and hundreds of cookies – iced sugar cookies, lemon angel wings, almond crescents, marshmallow fudgies, peanut butter blossoms, and and and. I am so excited about this holiday!

A very merry Christmas wish to all you Christmas bloggers. Happy Hanukkah, Blessed Kwanzaa, and a Joyous Winter Solstice, and just general happy and warm wishes to all of you! I heard something on the radio this morning that touched me, so I want to see if I can remember it and share it with you all – ah, I couldn’t remember enough to make it count, so I googled it. (I heart google). It’s a quote from Oren Arnold.

Christmas Gift Suggestions:

To your enemy – forgiveness
To an opponent – tolerance
To a friend – your heart
To customers – service
To all – charity
To children – a good example
And to yourself – respect

Happy holidays everyone!

7 Comments:

Blogger SignGurl said...

I love the gift suggestions. We should use them all year long.

12/22/2006 05:15:00 PM  
Blogger masgblog said...

Merry Christmas!!!

12/24/2006 03:08:00 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Happy Holidays Jmai!

12/25/2006 06:14:00 AM  
Blogger Natalia said...

Oh I love that quote. I just got home. It was indeed a good holiday. I am happy you are so happy about it and it was great that you guys made time to stop by. :)

-N

12/25/2006 08:43:00 PM  
Blogger JMai said...

Sign -- I totally agree. It's a great quote.

Masg -- Thank you! Same to you!

Phil -- Thank you! It's one of the few times that I wish I was up your way (or at least north of these subtropics). We had thunderstorms and tornadoes for Christmas -- yuck! I hope you have a great holiday too.

Nat -- Home already? Ah well, I guess life must go on. I'm so glad we got to stop by, I haven't seen your parents in forever and it's been a while even since I've seen you. Plus, there's no substitute for seeing your face when you opened that Happy Bunny calendar!

12/26/2006 07:28:00 AM  
Blogger sassinak said...

oh darlin' i love that list at the end... it's the things i most often get told i should be meaner about that i think are most important to be nicer about and that list is them.

you know like when someone tells you you're too generous... why would you want to fix that?

and yay for babies at christmas, having a toddler around is so nice this time of year.

12/26/2006 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Beautiful! I hope things went swimmingly well at the Christmas-giving-eating-drinking-celebrating extravaganza!

Buddha sends his love!

12/28/2006 08:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!