For the Teabag in All of Us

Not that kind of teabag. Don't be gross.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

If I go about this properly, the blog will (eventually) explain enough about me, so let me just explain the blog, or at least the title of it, here:

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Tis the Season

Well yes, it is that season as well... evidenced by the random scattering of all the gifts from our early Christmas celebration with my family this past weekend. But it also appears to be tag season. There are so many memes circulating around the blogosphere that I would like to do, so I expect I will post with maybe just a bit more frequency in the coming days. For one, I will be home ... working of course, but not travelling for once! And also, somehow I find it easier to do memes than to come up with an entirely original post.

Anyway, to kick off this Tag Season, I figure I better start with the one meme I've actually been tagged with, as opposed to the others that I just wanna do because I think they're cool. Madame Sass hit me with her best shot, so scroll down to see who I'm hitting. Just a warning: there will be six of you. Read at your own risk.

So here are the rules (which I have changed a little because I found them kinda redundant and not entirely clear): Each meme-er starts with the “6 weird things about you" and at the end, we tag 6 people. Those who get tagged then write their own 6 weird things post, as well as state this rule clearly. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says “you are tagged” in your tagee's comments section (on whatever completely unrelated post is active at the time of the tagging) and tell them to read your blog. As I said, I was tagged by Sass.

1. I am possibly the only woman on the face of the earth who really thinks her hair is hot (except when curly; then it is a disastrous mess and I hate it)

2. I can cook a six-course meal without cracking open a cookbook, but I cannot make white rice that doesn't stick, even if my life depended on it.

3. My tongue is has lots of weird grooves and bumps.

4. I think tiramisu is a vile dessert.

5. I very rarely lose my temper, with the glaring exception of any time spent driving. Then, all bets are off. I curse and yell and get frustrated, no matter how hard I try to be calm. Worse still, I'm a backseat road-rager. I will not tell you how to drive, but I will tell you how that other guy who just cut us off cannot.

6. I cannot figure out how to work my new iPod. I mean it must be the simplest device on earth, and I just. cannot. compute.

Okay... so now I have to tag 6 people... uhhh, do I know 6 people who haven't done this meme? Let's see... Nat, Cressy, Miss Cheese, Masgblog, Dzer and Phil. Let's see who does it. I'm off to leave the obligatory "tag you're it!" comments.

7 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

don't all tongues have weird bumps and grooves?

or are they like fingerprints....no two are the same?

as for your iPod, i had a little trouble with mine at first... because IT does all the work for you, which is odd. i expected a bigger instruction manual...! it's really very simple, as long as you don't overthink it.

and sometimes, i still have a hard time navigating back and forth through the menus. my suggestion is just play around with it a lot and you'll figure it out.

have fun!

12/13/2006 11:27:00 PM  
Blogger DZER said...

oh you freaking weirdo!!

LOL

I've actually done this one ... so I modified it and redid it ... just for you ;)

12/14/2006 07:00:00 AM  
Blogger Natalia said...

Oh now I get it. Ummm I am trying to think about weird things about me. But I am so used to being weird that I might not find this one easy.

-N

12/14/2006 09:31:00 AM  
Blogger JMai said...

Terry -- It may be just me, but I think my tongue is weird. Other people have pink bumpy tongues but mine is all uneven.

I think the problem is that the computer did not recognise my iPod ...question is, was it a problem with the USB port, or with the cable? Hmmmmmmmm!

Dzer -- I know, I'm such a freak. Thanks for playing along with me!

Butt -- You're not weird. You're just lovable and quirky.

12/14/2006 06:50:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

i think my hair is hot... particularly when it's been swimming and then done pilates... damm shit loves to be awesome as long as i NEVER TOUCH IT!


:)

happy christmas babe

12/21/2006 12:27:00 AM  
Blogger JMai said...

Art -- You're very welcome. Hope you're getting into it :)

Sass -- lol I have the opposite problem. If I don't touch it, then it gets unruly and curly and that's when I DON'T like it. But it looks hot if I take the time to straighten it out and do the little flip at the bottom... or even better (and how twisted is this??) ... I smooth it out, then put it in curlers and get the big soft curls. Straightening curly hair only to curl it again... retarded!!

Happy Christmas right back... I'm so excited!

12/21/2006 08:37:00 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Ok Jmai, I'm on my way to finally complete this tag.

12/21/2006 10:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!